No announcement yet.

Tune Up 101 - The Vacuum Gauge - (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Tune Up 101 - The Vacuum Gauge - (link)

A good read.....

Intake manifold vacuum is a key indicator of engine performance. By measuring vacuum under different engine loads and conditions, you can track down problems within your engine and make the …

(copy)

TECH / TECH ARTICLESVac Visual: Quick Guide to Vacuum Gauge Readings

Posted by David Fuller on March 31, 2016 at 11:58 am
    Intake manifold vacuum is a key indicator of engine performance.
    By measuring vacuum under different engine loads and conditions, you can track down problems within your engine and make the necessary adjustments or repairs. The key is having a reliable engine vacuum gauge and then knowing how to read it properly.
    piston rings? Bad head gasket?
    Find out what your vacuum gauge is trying to tell you below.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

I'm thinking "weak valve guides" was intended to be "weak valve SPRINGS" .

Comment

The next question is where to find a 'good' vacuum 'port' on a stock '55 259 engine with a WCFB carburetor?

Comment

My dad taught me how to read a vacuum gage in 1954, been using one ever since...
        sigpic
        Jim

Comment

source

If you've been doing it for that long, you must know where to plug the gauge in ????? Please tell me where you are getting a good vacuum read !!

Comment

Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
            If you've been doing it for that long, you must know where to plug the gauge in ????? Please tell me where you are getting a good vacuum read !!
            http

This picture might be hard to see it's the best I could do. My engine is a 232ci, on my intake manifold drivers side in the back is a hole with a pipe threaded plug. A long time ago I removed the plug and installed a hose with a plug. When I want to adjust my carb or timing I pull the piece of hose off and hook up my vacuum gage...

Attached Files
            sigpic
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X