Avanti wiper motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Avanti wiper motor

I have a 63 avanti that the wipers will not park.They will not shut off either,they just keep running even when I turn the switch all the way to the left.
    I took the switch out of my other avanti and put it in this one with no results.It still keeps running.Can't find much in the service manual about the wipers.
    Was told that the motor actually reverses to go to park.I need some help on this one,does the motor need repaired.Thank You,for any help you can give.
    Thank You,Don

Loosen the three retaining screws on the top side plate where all the wires connect. There is a small tab, that protrudes on the edge, you can now slide that and adjust the parking of the wipers. Rebuilt wiper motors often replace this with a fixed non adjustable piece, and they park where they park. Just place the wiper arms on after you cycle the motor off and on, and back off again.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

IF that does not work, contact Dave Bass he can rebuild them and make them look and work like new!

503-551-0453 amxwipermotors@gmail.com

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Depending on the style of motor, the interrupt/stop/park switch may need adjustment and/or repair.
        -------------------
        Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

Working...
        X