PDA

View Full Version : 1937 President coupe

Hallabutt
03-28-2016, 03:26 PM
This car needs to be saved! I'm not sure when this was shot, but I am well aware of the car. The folks that own this have had it on display for about five years (outside). I contacted the owner who indicated that they planed to use it for a parts car for their 1937 Coupe Express. I informed him that nothing except the grill would interchange with the CE. I told him about the President's rarity, and implored him to get it under cover. I didn't get down for their open-house last year, but found this on YouTube and figured that it might be know or never for this car!

When I talked to the owner several years ago my intent was just to inform him of what he had. At the end of the conversation, he scared the carp out of me when he said the magic words "make me an offer." For some time after the conversation I went back and forth on whether I should be the guy to save this thing. My most recent situation shouts out a resounding NO. I own one of the original 1937 President coupes and really need it like I need a hole in the head. That coupled with the impending loss of some of my long term storage space, says pass it on to someone who is in a better situation then I am. The car is virtually complete and seems to have lived its useful life on the east side of the cascades, since it has an old Kittitas Co. Washington plate. There is rust but not to the extreme. With less then ten of these in existence (including non-original put together car) this really needs to survive! I can dig up the contact information for anyone interested. Please pass this on to anyone that you think would be interested but doesn't use the Forum. I have no personal stake in this, I only want it to survive!-Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UR-ZDDkk8

sals54
03-28-2016, 04:17 PM
This car needs to be saved! I'm not sure when this was shot, but I am well aware of the car. The folks that own this have had it on display for about five years (outside). I contacted the owner who indicated that they planed to use it for a parts car for their 1937 Coupe Express. I informed him that nothing except the grill would interchange with the CE. I told him about the President's rarity, and implored him to get it under cover. I didn't get down for their open-house last year, but found this on YouTube and figured that it might be know or never for this car!

When I talked to the owner several years ago my intent was just to inform him of what he had. At the end of the conversation, he scared the carp out of me when he said the magic words "make me an offer." For some time after the conversation I went back and forth on whether I should be the guy to save this thing. My most recent situation shouts out a resounding NO. I own one of the original 1937 President coupes and really need it like I need a hole in the head. That coupled with the impending loss of some of my long term storage space, says pass it on to someone who is in a better situation then I am. The car is virtually complete and seems to have lived its useful life on the east side of the cascades, since it has an old Kittitas Co. Washington plate. There is rust but not to the extreme. With less then ten of these in existence (including non-original put together car) this really needs to survive! I can dig up the contact information for anyone interested. Please pass this on to anyone that you think would be interested but doesn't use the Forum. I have no personal stake in this, I only want it to survive!-Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UR-ZDDkk8

Please check your PM

aarrggh
03-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Only 10 in existence my behind . . . .

studerex
03-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Only 10 in existence my behind . . . .

Very close estimate of the truth. Quinn keeps a more accurate list.

PackardV8
03-28-2016, 08:24 PM
That there's some serious patina!

jack vines

t walgamuth
03-28-2016, 11:06 PM
What great lines!

jerezstude
03-29-2016, 06:41 AM
Would be a very difficult restoration since its missing the impossible to find ''V'' where the grill surrounds meet.
Jerry Kurtz

raprice
03-29-2016, 08:54 PM
That there's some serious patina!

jack vines

I guess "patina" is as good a word to describe the car as any.
Rog

kurtruk
03-30-2016, 01:06 AM
This video was posted Aug. of 2014...
I get the feeling the "videographer" was just prowling around with somebody's vehicle without permission (trying to open the hood without knowledge of how it opens).