1955 President coupe at our annual main show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 President coupe at our annual main show

Took my 1955 President coupe ( modified with 289 + McCulloch etc.) to our annual main show in Helsinki with some 450 cars and 60.000+ visitors during the four days at Easter. The show is still open one more day. My car is/was the only Studebaker at the show, but it has been receiving quite a lot of positive comments. Many visitors say, that they see one for the first time. Richard Quinn was utmost helpful in providing me with copies of old advertising posters and magazine ads. Thank you Richard - very smooth trans-atlantic co-operation! I made few signs out of the material and that made a big difference compared to many other cars at the show. People tend to stop by and read quite a bit of what Studebaker wrote about the new 1955 models. I did also have a sign explaining the modifications. Even the younger generation showed interest towards the car even though there are a lot of modern rides displayed in the same hall. Also the leading media company approached me at the show with a proposal to make a a few minute film of Studebakers for their website and other broadcasting purposes. My car was originally built as a hot rod in Culver City area in the late 1950s early 1960s. I wanted to keep that look including the maroon paint. Enclosed a few pics from the show.

Pekka
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

THAT is a GREAT color! Love it.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Your '55 President coupe looks spectacular! ....Any chance of posting some under-hood & interior shots?

Comment

Great photos of your event!

Those photos could have easily been taken in North America looking at all the vehicles and signage. Well done!

Craig

Comment

Oh Boy Ed, You may have some competition "only not in Town"

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          Your '55 President coupe looks spectacular! ....Any chance of posting some under-hood & interior shots?
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Love it, Pekka. very tastefully done. Way to wave the flag!
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Pekka; Very nicely done. Glad to be of some assistance with the display material.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
                Oh Boy Ed, You may have some competition "only not in Town"
                Yes Joe, I'd love to see the McCulloch install on this '55!

Comment

Seriously cool, not often I've seen Presidents without trim + it's a coupe!
                  In #1/2016 of the Swedish club magazine the Suomi Studebaker club was mentioned as having about 100 members, I hope our clubs can join.

Comment

Only 3327 President coupes (C body) built.

This takes me back to 1964 - 1973 when I had a 1953 Commander Starliner with 289 and supercharger (47K mile 1957 Golden Hawk engine) and that car was also a very similar color to yours.
                    Last edited by studegary; 03-27-2016, 05:26 PM. Reason: corrected year
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Is that a 1953 rear Bumper? Nice color . Great looking car

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments. The car was very well received at the show. Quite many visitors got interested in Studebakers and I actually got a couple of requests to find a similar project car for them.
                        The car still needs some work and detailing under the hood. Will post some more pics once the film is being produced.

Pekka
                        sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Beautiful ! The color is very complimentary to the chrome !

Comment

'Way cool, Pekka; thanks for the post. How cool to see an overseas car show.

Is Photo #7 supposed to be "The Class of '57?" BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                            X