• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: molding clips

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00068.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1750630I need 6 molding clips for trim just below front door window for 1955 Studebaker coupe. Does anyone Have any that they are willing to sell.?
    Maybe a lead as to who may have some.
    SI does not have any.
    Last edited by awnjan; 03-26-2016, 06:09 AM. Reason: add picture

Not sure if your 55 moulding is the same as my 61 C body. If it is, that piece is referred to as part of the belt moulding.

Those clips often break off when being removed from the car. It seems that the little dab of melted solder / metal spoo that holds clip retainer to the moulding is not as strong as the clip that snaps into the hole in the door. I ended up using 3M 2 sided automotive trim adhesive tape to install mine back on the car. There is a screw at each end that comes up through a hole in the lip of the door. I used those screws to align the piece properly and then put the 3M tape at each location where the factory clips were. The tape holds the moulding and seals up that hole in the door that allows water to get inside the door.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about, no solder on that clip. No matter I located 10 of those clips and have them in hand.

Comment

Working...
      X