'37 Dictator Coupe Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 Dictator Coupe Owners

It seems some hard to find information on these cars. I am looking for a list of owners.

It would be nice to see what others have done, i.e. kept stock of modified. Where they found parts. Pictures of their cars.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
    '14 Boxster
    '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
    '37 Dictator Coupe
    '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

No great mystery Steve. The '37 Dictator coupe is not particularly rare as pre war Studebakers go and information is plentiful. The Antique Studebaker Review had one issue devoted almost entirely to the '37s (May-June 2007). It included production figures by body type, numerous photos, comprehensive history, etc. You would probably also find the December 2011 issue of Collectible Automobile to be of interest. 4000+ word article on the 1936 and 37s with dozens of photos both original from the era plus restored cars. You can find the magazine on Ebay. If you are not a member of the Antique Studebaker Club I would highly recommend it. I assure you there is no dearth of information on that particular car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	37 cpe review cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1704380
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The information on the Turning Wheels issues great. Thanks Richard.
      However, I believe the information he is looking for is a compiled list of coupe owners. There may not be one currently. Since there are list being compiled
      on other models such as the Speedster and 56 Golden Hawk maybe someone will take up the challenge.

Comment

Why not just join the Antique Studebaker Club, get the roster, make up your list from the roster and contact who you want.

Comment

If someone is interested in a '37 Coupe project, I know Pat Skelly could be talked out of his for a small sum.
          It's pretty rusty, but it is complete and has some spare parts.
          Savannah area....
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

[QUOTE= If you are not a member of the Antique Studebaker Club I would highly recommend it.

Richard, the proverbial check is in the mail.
            If anyone has a May-June 2007 issue, I am looking for one.
            Thanks,
            Steve
            Last edited by redbox; 03-25-2016, 08:44 AM.
            Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
            '14 Boxster
            '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
            '37 Dictator Coupe
            '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

[QUOTE=redbox;980417][QUOTE= If you are not a member of the Antique Studebaker Club I would highly recommend it.

Richard, the proverbial check is in the mail.
              If anyone has a May-June 2007 issue, I am looking for one.
              Thanks,
              Steve[/QUOTE]

I handle the back issues for the club. But that issue is unavailable. Maybe Dick has an extra. The club roster is available. send 5.00 to Rex Miltenberger 71346 Gumwood rd Niles, Mi 49120 Make check to the Antique Studebaker club.
              Last edited by studerex; 03-25-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X