Do Studebakers Kill ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Studebakers Kill ?

AccuWeather article from today. Scroll down a little........
    Be safe !

Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Mentioned here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Lark-in-new-ad!

Craig

Comment

That's gonna hurt the sales of new Studebakers.....

Comment

YUP............I'm looking for my recall letter from Studebaker................!

Comment

Looks like a Cruiser with a luggage rack. Or i guess it could be a repainted Taxi.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

With all of the 'brand name' and copyright infringement lawsuits, poor old defunct Studebaker is the only (relatively) modern vehicle that can appear in non-manufacturer advertising without legions of sue-happy copyright lawyers descending like vultures.

Comment

With all of the 'brand name' and copyright infringement lawsuits, poor old defunct Studebaker is the only (relatively) modern vehicle that can appear in non-manufacturer advertising without legions of sue-happy copyright lawyers descending like vultures.
              Yup. Kick 'em while they're down.
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Jessie J. View Post
                We've been down that road before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...LSTATE+clunker

And we, the SDC proved themselves to be a powerful influence in the advertiser's changing things a little for a later ad of theirs.

Craig

Comment

I knew I should have ordered the tinted glass...
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I thought my 66 Studebaker had the first flow through ventilation, but seeing this Lark, I wonder if it doesn't flow better then mine. Sometimes a natural occurrence makes a car better. This may not be that time, however.
                    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
                    1950 Champion Convertible
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

During the summer I take the dogs out and tie them to a tree nearby. Usually with a bowl of water (which they often turn over in five minutes). Often I leave a gallon bottle of water there as well. That way if someone sees Annie has turned over her bowl, they can refill it instead of calling the Sheriffs office on me. Yes, this has happened to me several times. However when I came out of the store, the Animal Control officer complemented me on the fact I had taken such care with my dog. Then they wanted to see her rabies tag, license, etc, etc, etc... Being that she is a farm dog, I don't leave them on her. They come off in the brush. I keep them in the glove-box. It was funny though how much the A.C. officer in Redding liked Bess. Everyone likes Ol' Bess! I gotta get her going again...
                      Anyway, this often means quite a hike in and out of the store. Winco in Redding has a very nice (I suspect employee) parking lot to one side with a lot of landscaping and pergolas. That's our favourite place. Often I get to Redding and it's a lot hotter than I expected. Thankfully, there is always a gallon bottle of water (or two) in the car or truck. My problem is keeping bowls available. They get smashed or dirty quite often. Usually, though it really hurts the girl's feelings to be left behind, I simply leave them at home June to October. Even outside the car in the shade it's too hot for them.
                      Last edited by studeclunker; 03-24-2016, 10:37 AM.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

AccuWeather is a local company in State College, PA. Started by Joel Myers, my Meteorology 303 professor at Penn State back in the 60's. His outrageously expensive vehicles are serviced at my employer's shop. If I ever see him I will give him a hard time about not using a more well preserved example.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The more I look at the Lark in this article, the more I wonder if the photo is of a car in Cuba. Look at the building it looks like the Spanish architecture you might see in the Caribbean Islands.
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                            The more I look at the Lark in this article, the more I wonder if the photo is of a car in Cuba. Look at the building it looks like the Spanish architecture you might see in the Caribbean Islands.
                            Joe, I think you're right. The pavement also appears to be Caribbean in nature.
                            Mike Davis
                            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
                            X