X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Wild Indy Engines

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Neat stuff!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I always loved the NOvis. Dad and I went down on the first day of qualifications in 63 and got there in the afternoon. Herk was on the track in the dayglow orange Novi when we got there and we got to watch most of his qualifying run. You could hear the whistle of the supercharger from the other end of the track and only after he got closer could you hear the exhaust. He qualified in the middle of the front row. He got up in the gray in the short chute on the north end of the track and had to lift and gather it up or he'd have grabbed the pole.

In his interview after the run he said he scared himself on the third lap.

What a courageous driver!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Here's a bit on that Novi V8. Quite a feat of engineering..

64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Where can I get myself a pair of those STP "Jammies?"

It seems kind of sad that rules have replaced innovation. Case in point the Penske/Mercedes.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I actually have a pair from the Novi pit crew circa 1964.1965 I also have a pair of the beautiful red stp turbine car pit crew slacks circa 1967,1968 these will be available for sale upon my demise at my estate sale !!

Comment

Working...
            X