PDA

View Full Version : An other Studebaker generation

rkapteyn
03-22-2016, 09:47 AM
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/life/people-places/studebaker-a-constant-through-the-generations-for-cedar-rapids-man-20160321

Robert Kapteyn

showbizkid
03-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Great story!

Chris Pile
03-22-2016, 11:33 AM
We have a 5 generation family in our chapter.

studeclunker
03-22-2016, 01:22 PM
I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.

cultural infidel
03-22-2016, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why the baby seat couldn't be belted into the back seat of the Champion. We did it with our car back in '87 when I brought my son home. Granted, it was a Chevrolet, not a Studebaker. and thirty years newer. Still the belts would be similar and should work with a modern baby-carrier.

Some modern car seats are not designed for seat belts, but rather anchor points that the seat hooks to that are built into the seat.

studeclunker
03-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Ah, see what happens when one gets old? I just read 'safety laws' prevented the baby from riding in the Champion.

61Lark
03-22-2016, 07:12 PM

It depends. My son's car seat works with lap belts, it has a dog bone piece that secures the belt to prevent it from loosening. I also know someone that has installed the clips from a newer car so that a car seat can easily be clipped in easier.

dmackenzie
03-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Fun to hear.
I'll be posting soon, in high school I owned a 63 Lark. Last week I saw the exact caw forsale on craigslist. My oldest son will be driving in a a few years, going to fix the car up and he'll soon be driving my high school car.