PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Elk's Car Show - Labor Day Weekend

cultural infidel
03-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Wanted to let everyone in the club know about a local event that I will be helping with this summer.

The Ballard Elk's #827 in Seattle, WA are hosting their annual car show over Labor Day Weekend. It is usually on the Monday of that weekend. Our event helps benefit local charities and is a great time to check out the Elks(if interested). The event is held in the Lodge parking lot and you should be able to take a break to relax on the private beach for a spell. Past events have had live music and a grill going. Would love to see more Studebakers out there this year. Inthe past, I know that there have been a few, including a gorgeous blue Wagonaire.

I know it is still a ways off, but I wanted to throw it out there as I was just talking about it with another member.

cultural infidel
08-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Bump!! The car show is coming up! Is anyone here planning to attend?

km420
08-15-2016, 10:04 PM
wish I could! Washington is a bit far for me. Hope you have a great turnout!

cultural infidel
08-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks! Hoping to have my Stude there next year! From what I have heard, they usually get a good turnout. This is my first year working the event.

dynolou2
08-17-2016, 12:30 AM
For those in the area, Where is the Ballard Elks located? Lou cote

cultural infidel
08-19-2016, 06:06 PM
Lou -

Our address is:
Ballard Elks
6411 Seaview Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98117

We are between Ray's Boathouse and Golden Gardens (Those would be the major landmarks).

I will be sure to post any pictures that I take while there, especially of Studes!

cultural infidel
08-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Just wanted to bump this to the top as the car show is this weekend!

I will be there at 6AM on Monday to start setting up the beer garden, tents, and barbecue area for the event. The car show itself opens at 8AM.

If you would like to show your car, they ask for a $20 donation. Proceeds benefit go towards various Elk's Charities (Seattle Childrens, MS Society, Tall Elks etc.)

For those curious as to what Tall Elks is: Since 1954, the Washington Elks Therapy Program for Children has provided home-based occupational or physical therapy to children with developmental delays or physical disabilities. Services are provided at no cost to the family served. It is a great program, and one of the many that our Order are a part of.

cultural infidel
09-02-2016, 10:47 AM
MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY! So stoked. Picked up some 35MM film to snap some pictures this weekend. Got all 3 of my cameras loaded up and ready to go.

cultural infidel
09-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Today's the day!