'51 Champion Interior Dash & Door Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: '51 Champion Interior Dash & Door Color

a little over a year ago, i started a thread regarding this: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...Interior-Paint

due to health issues, moving and other life events, i never got a-round-tuit. it seems the best answer was to take the glove box off and take it to a auto paint supply shop to get a close match.

i was curious if anyone in the past year has found a paint that is close enough to get by around the door windows. the dash paint looks great and i don't want to mess with it.

the first multi-make car show i could find online is 2 weeks from today - April 2. i'd like get the door areas painted before that.

for those in the Raleigh/Durham and surrounding areas, it will be at Southpoint Mall in Durham, adjacent to I-40. if any Studebaker owners are interested, maybe we could meet there and go in together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1107.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1750612Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0830.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1750613
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

I could be wrong but looks like the same color that was on a 50 champ. I don't have an index handy, but in the80's there was a cooperators question regarding the same and the color number was given.

Mark

Comment

The color changed from 50 to 51 to 52.

To my eyes, the 50 color was a pure grey metallic. The 51 color had more brown in it than the 50 and was still metallic. The 52 color is completely different, is more taupe and is no longer metallic.

One can always take the glove box door or a piece of the windshield trim to a paint store and have them match it, but I have had poor luck getting metallic to match.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Mark, this is what is on my aerosol can from NAPA.
        UFN:4429219
        56-74362-00-B
        Pewter Met
        Crossfire Platinum B/C 50
        RO#
        CF146 HS GRAPHITE 22.5 CF223 BASECOAT FI 28.4
        CF139 BRGT FINE M 34 CF224 VCC BALANCE 18.9
        CF 115 RED GOLD 6.2
        CF138 COURSE MET A 4.4
        CF122 STRONG WHIT 1.8
        CF 128FERRITE YEL 1.6
        CF144 YELLOW SHAD 0.4
        I have no idea what these numbers mean but it was a close match for my 51 Commander.
        This is a base coat

Comment

Working...
        X