I need to know the following if possible

1. proper original tire size/conversion to today's radials

2. whitewall width

3. color code for the cream/white wheel

4. color code for the Bordeaux Red body color

Thanks in advance!
    It is an addiction!

From my limited knowledge:
    1) Original 670/15 bias ply, modern 215/75R15 radials (wider than the originals, but about the same diameter). Note that the original 4.5"-wide rims are too narrow even for a 205/75R15 tire, let alone a 215.
    2) About 1"
    3) The easiest way to paint wheels is to buy either spray cans or a quart can of the off-white wheel paint from Studebaker International.
    4) I don't know this one. The mixers used in the original alkyd enamel aren't all available today, so one can't have the exact original paint color mixed. Usually, people pick a modern polyurethane paint color that matches and go with that. There are Stude fans who have already gone thru the books and picked the closest match in a modern paint, and I'm sure one of them will chime in with that info.
    -Dwight FitzSimons
    '64 Hawk R1 (Bordeaux Red), '64 Hawk (Astra White)

Comment

Paint Code is P-6418
      Ditzler number 71418
      RM number 64S51R

I don't have any DuPont numbers for 1964. I do have "most" of the paint chips from 1936-1965

Jim
      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
      their Memorials!

Comment

Bordeaux Red in DuPont Centari.
        First time I did it (spring of 1991) it was a fleet color for England Trucking (remember their dark red over the road tractors?).
        Second time (I was doing a repair in August 2005) it was a Ford color.
        Both times the same recipe, #97095A H

Comment

As usual, Joe, the same recommendation: P195/75R15 if you have 4.5" wide wheels. P205/75R15 if you have 5" wheels.

The circumference of either will vary by brand, often quite a bit. The Coker Tire catalog, available on line, has all the information you'd ever need about both varieties, stock and radial. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X