Click image for larger version

Name:	The Hub Caps I Want.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1750559Click image for larger version

Name:	8..jpg
Views:	3
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1750560 Were the center caps in this photo available, or were they prototypes? This is what I wanted to do with the center of my Speedster center caps...But I have no idea how to do it with the Studebaker Crest decals available.

Those are the '53 tri-star design center caps. Later caps did not have the tri-star design, just the raised circle.

Edit: well, I was wrong (what else is new!). Apparently all the Studebaker wire wheel caps had the tri-star.

Other makes used similar wires with a crest in the cap.
    Last edited by r1lark; 03-12-2016, 09:42 AM. Reason: correct my mistake
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

That is the only design I have seen on the wires used on Studebakers.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I have never seen center caps on the wire wheel covers with a Studebaker crest other than in that photo. They do look nice.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The wire covers shown on the 56 Golden are not the Speedster wires. The photo shows a different style cover that fits over the small (dog dish style) hub cap. These were used on various brands of vehicles, the most common being Ford and Thunderbird of the mid fifties.

Comment

I saw a set like that on a 56J in SB about 10 years ago. I cannot recall if the emblems were stamped or somehow affixed to the center cap. But it definitely was not a cap on top of a cap. The guy said they were a prototype that never went into production. I believe the research on production orders for 56Js also uncovered something, but cannot recall the details.

Last summer, I also saw a set, with emblems on a mid fifties Olds, IIRC.

Comment

eBay seller "studieo" from time to time has this style for sale with other center logos. Can't recall if he has had the Stude shield style.
              KURTRUK
              (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X