AC2097 Vent Shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC2097 Vent Shades

I have a nice set of vent shades - AC2097. They are marked as fitting Commander and Land Cruiser. The parts kit inside say's it's for a Custom Champion. Can't find the number in my parts or body books. Sure would like to know what they fit.
    gg
    www.kgworks.ca/studeparts

According to Book F from 1954 AC-2097 fits 1950 thru 1952 Land Cruisers (set of 4) with a list price of $10.00 (not installed).

Why they would be different than AC-2094 for 1947 thru 1952 4-door sedans I have no idea.
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
      According to Book F from 1954 AC-2097 fits 1950 thru 1952 Land Cruisers (set of 4) with a list price of $10.00 (not installed).

Why they would be different than AC-2094 for 1947 thru 1952 4-door sedans I have no idea.
      Longer rear doors (?)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I was thinking these were the vent shades (blinds) that went in the rear window(s), which should be same size for the Champion, Commander or Land Cruiser 4-dr sedans, but if these are the "shades" over the windows, then, yes, the Land Cruiser's rear windows would be longer.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
          I was thinking these were the vent shades (blinds) that went in the rear window(s), which should be same size for the Champion, Commander or Land Cruiser 4-dr sedans, but if these are the "shades" over the windows, then, yes, the Land Cruiser's rear windows would be longer.
          Vent Shades go over the side glass. Venetian Blinds go on the rear glass. There is no venting done at the rear window.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

My book says AC-2097 ventshades fit 1950 Y-body.

Comment

my 1951 salesman's guide for accessories shows AC-2097 fitting the '50 & '51 Land Cruiser. (page 19).

they are called: "Stainless Ventshades" in the guide.
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Who has got a set of Auto Ventshades for a '66 4-dr they'd like to sell?
                edp/NC
                \'63 Avanti
                \'66 Commander

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I can find a home for these long stored vent shades.
                  I don't have any for a '66 but if I find some I'll get in touch.
                  Graham
                  www.kgworks.ca/studeparts

Comment

Originally posted by kg.works View Post
                    Thanks everyone for your help. Now I can find a home for these long stored vent shades.
                    I don't have any for a '66 but if I find some I'll get in touch.
                    Graham
                    Hello kg.works, PM sent.
                    1947 Studebaker M-5
                    1946 Studebaker M-5
                    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
                    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
                    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

1964 -1966 Stude Seadn Rear Widow Blinds

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
                      Who has got a set of Auto Ventshades for a '66 4-dr they'd like to sell?
                      Are you asking about the blinds that go in the rear window (look like venetian blinds) or the polished stainless steel shades that go on the side windows?

I have one of the rear window blinds with attaching hardware that was on a Daytona 4-door that came out of New Mexico -- the unit is in excellent shape.

Not my cup of tea so if someone can use it I would be happy to let it go -- fairly large and fragile item though so not sure it could be safely shipped.
                      Bill Jackameit
                      1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                      1964 Daytona Sedan
                      Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                      Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                      https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

I would be interested in the Venetian blinds that go in the back window. Really helps block the sun coming in on hot So Cal days. Pm sent

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X