Where's The Snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's The Snow?

I guess I wasted my time installing the 'Firestone Winterforce' snow tires on my '83 Avanti daily driver this year....It's hard to believe we've had such an 'easy' (read that lack of snow) winter so far this season here in New England!!

After getting 100+ inches of snowfall last year, I expected the worst once again!....Well, I must say, ..SO FAR SO GOOD!!!

I too installed Winterforce on the front of my S-10 last fall, and studded tires on the rear. On only one occasion were the studs handy getting out of the driveway. Could have left the summer tires on.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I installed Toyo Observe GSI-5 Studless winters(with ground walnut shells) on our Yukon XL Denali (AWD) for the trip (1610 miles) from British Columbia to our winter home in central western Arizona(Route 66). Washington and Oregon proved we were very prudent in having these superb tires for the winter onslaught. They are a fabulous winter tire. Now we are preparing to return home and it's 90 degrees here! OH well, better off safe rather than wishing we had them and didn't.
      Bill

Comment

Was at the Hill Farmstead Brewery (world famous craft beer) in Greensboro, VT yesterday. They still had snow on the ground up there. The back (dirt) roads were starting to soften up, which is the start of the infamous "Mud Season", and you'll still need your mud & snow tires in that part of the country for another month or so.

I'd post a photo, but the "system" won't let me.
        Dan Peterson
        Montpelier, VT
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
        1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Hang in there. Some of the worst snowfalls in the Northeast have come in March...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
            Hang in there. Some of the worst snowfalls in the Northeast have come in March...
            How true.................!!

Comment

I once bought a new snow blower for $750 in October and it hardly snowed all winter. Best money I ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                I once bought a new snow blower for $750 in October and it hardly snowed all winter. Best money I ever spent.
                Cheap insurance!
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by BobWaitz View Post
                  Now, THAT there's funny...

Comment

Where's the snow?....well, I guess we found it....sounds like '345 Desoto's' prediction will come true....we're supposed to get hammered tonight....and, as I've got to be to work at 5AM, I now have the THRILL of re-installing snow tires BACK on my Avanti........................GOTTA LOVE NEW ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X