Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for supercharger to bracket mounting bolts (57 GH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for supercharger to bracket mounting bolts (57 GH)

Hello together

Noticed that some threads of the supercharger to bracket mounting bolts were not good anymore. So I am looking for four new supercharger to bracket mounting bolts plus the longer one. (see picture)

Maybe somebody has a tip where I could get them? I searched Studebaker International and Studebaker Parts but could not find them.

In the shop manual the 4 short bolts are described as supercharger to bracket mounting bolts, indicated by arrows. don't know how the longer bolt is called.

Click image for larger version

Name:	supercharger to mounting bracket bolts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1750499Click image for larger version

Name:	mounting bolt supercharger to bracket.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1750500

Thank you very much for advice where I could buy them.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Rudy
    sigpic

The long bolt appears to be a water manifold bolt.
    Last edited by 11SecAvanti; 03-05-2016, 06:34 AM.
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

Don't think there's anything special about the one longer bolt...other than it's LONGER!!!!!

Early shop manual illustrations show ALLEN head bolts being used in mounting the supercharger to its mounting bracket for a 'flush fit', but I've never seen a clearance problem when regular 5/16" bolts are used.

Comment

Hello together

Thank you for the fast answers.

SN60, so I can use four 5/16" regular bolts for mounting the supercharger to ist mounting bracket? How long should the bolts be? I am not sure if the short ones in my photo were of the correct length.

Thank you

Rudy
        sigpic

Comment

The threads on my 63 Hawks' supercharger were stripped at the beginning and someone previous tried longer bolts to no avail. I drilled it out and installed heli coil inserts with the correct bolt length as specified in the parts manual. Bolts are available at Ace Hardware, use the correct lenth. It was an easy fix.

Comment

The parts manual calls out for 5/16 x 18 bolts (pcs 3) 1 I/4 inch long (pcs 1) 3 inch long . If you buy bolts made in China I would not use grade 5. Bolts made in China not up to standard in my view. The Power generation industry I worked for had no problems with the original grade 5 bolts made in USA had no problems when using made in China bolts had problems with them breaking Went to grade 8 used in place of grade 5 called for on drawing.

Comment

There are always ARP bolts...
              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

OK, thank you.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                  The threads on my 63 Hawks' supercharger were stripped at the beginning and someone previous tried longer bolts to no avail. I drilled it out and installed heli coil inserts with the correct bolt length as specified in the parts manual. Bolts are available at Ace Hardware, use the correct lenth. It was an easy fix.
                  Not sure, but don't think he has an ACE Hardware store in Switzerland.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X