Name:	R1 after.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	1750490Click image for larger version

Name:	intake.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1750491

O.K. I have a sweet running little truck but the engine compartment definitely needed some "Foo-Foo." The engine had been rebuilt about 45 years ago and has been ran very little since. I ordered one of Jeff Rice's amazing Mopar intake creations and intend on adding a set of Phil Harris (Fairborn Studebaker) ported and polished heads as well. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" isn't in my vocabulary. I want it to run crisply! The wiring was a "sore sight" as well, so while I'm at it that will all be cleaned up also. Will post some progress photos. For all you guys without hood clearance issues, you need to check out this intake set-up!
    sigpic

Beautiful setup and one you'll enjoy driving and showing.

While you're under there, along with the wiring, suggest to do the ignition. Rebuilt distributor, electronic trigger, new rotor, cap, wires and plugs.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

All those parts are already underway as we speak. Absolutely everything attached to that motor with the exception of the exhaust manifolds is being replaced or upgraded. I purchased a Holley 600 cfm double pumper, new valley pan from S.I. and new belts, water pump, radiator re-core, fuel pump--- ouch on the wallet!
      sigpic

Comment

Nice Intake, may I also suggest you trash that Airtex Fuel pump and get a Rebuilt Original Carter Fuel Pump?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Absolutely everything attached to that motor with the exception of the exhaust manifolds is being replaced or upgraded. --- ouch on the wallet!
          It's only money, Gene; what's another thou? Do bling right and spring for the finned aluminum rocker covers and aluminum R3 exhaust manifolds. ;>)

jack vines
          Last edited by PackardV8; 03-02-2016, 11:07 AM.
          PackardV8

Comment

I am looking for a set of R3 manifolds as we speak, they won't make that much difference from what I've learned, it's only money!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
              I am looking for a set of R3 manifolds as we speak, they won't make that much difference from what I've learned, it's only money!
              Yes, correct, Gene; no real power increase, but the new aluminum version could be polished to match your intake.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

I saw one of those aluminum headers @ St. Louis, anyone got the contact for those?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by StudebakerGene View Post
                  I saw one of those aluminum headers @ St. Louis, anyone got the contact for those?
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks Jeff--- there went another half a yard
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X