Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polite but way off

Recently seen on eBay:

For whatever reason I sent the seller of this one an e-mail telling him he might want to try it with a lower starting bid; and that it realistically is worth less than $1000, and this was his reply:

My dad and I have owned this car for over 20 years. A couple of local stude enthusiasts have come by here over the last few months, and because of the car's general condition, all original running engine/transmission, and the slew of extra parts we have accumulated, have all put its worth at $4800-$5000. current restorable NADA prices reflect those prices as well. Sometimes placing the price a little high ensures that it will eventually go to a home of someone that will appreciate it, and restore it to its original beauty, instead of chopping and tubbing it like so many would do. Thanks for your concern, and have fun with your stude's!

Very nice and polite reply; this is the kind of person I wish would either a. get realistic so the car can get to a new owner or b. get interested in it themselves and decide to restore and enjoy it[^]

Sure beats the c ocky, snotty, or outright rude response they could have sent...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Bidding has ended. No bids?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Bidding has ended. No bids?

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by bams50
        Very nice and polite reply; this is the kind of person I wish would either a. get realistic so the car can get to a new owner or b. get interested in it themselves and decide to restore and enjoy it[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews
        Parish, central NY 13131
        Bob,
        While I agree with you, I would suggest this could be a full time occupation![:0]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by bams50

Robert (Bob) Andrews
          Parish, central NY 13131
          Bob,
          While I agree with you, I would suggest this could be a full time occupation![:0]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Polite or not, it's still just a donation to eBay. the OCPG lists this car at $2100-$3500. I don't think he has to worry about somebody buying this 4 door and chopping and tubbing it.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Polite or not, it's still just a donation to eBay. the OCPG lists this car at $2100-$3500. I don't think he has to worry about somebody buying this 4 door and chopping and tubbing it.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
              X