PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my '57 Golden Hawk Project

t1003nl
02-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Since yesterday was 57 deg F (very warm for Michigan in February) AND both of my sons happen to be home I decided to put them to work pushing my '57 Golden Hawk project outside so I could clean the garage. I've got the basic chassis and suspension work done. The wheels and tires are just for rolling it around. I'm currently working on the body shell stripping paint and making some metal repairs. It's supposed to be cold again tomorrow but the garage is now clean so I will turn the heat back on and get return to work on the trunk area.

jts359
02-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Looks good Neil It was also nice weather this weekend so I was able to get a little work done on the Wifes Champ, Ed

SN-60
02-21-2016, 09:54 PM
Nice metalwork! :!:

austrian
02-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Very nice - I like your car!! As you can see in my own thread ".... first questions before I start ...." I am currently in the process of restoring a 54 Champion hardtop.
You seem a lot more experience than myself (I am a doctor and this is my first time working on a car!!). Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your project!

jbwhttail
02-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Looks nice Neil

Buzzard
02-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Very ambitious Neil. It'll be worth it in the long run.
Bill

alaipairod
02-22-2016, 08:38 PM
We have recently brought home our '57 GH, after 2 years of resto work involving me and 2 other "experts".
Now we are into the final detail phase, that should be done in 5 to 6 weeks.
Seeing the stage that your project is in, reminds me of the frustration of rust damage that I had to deal with.
Thank God for the Vendors, Ebay, The Forum, many other sites, and my "PEACE OF MIND" for getting us through that phase.
......Take your time, be patient, stay with the Forum, and don't be shy on asking for advice.
Thank you very much for saving another '57 GH............

austrian
02-23-2016, 02:01 PM
We have recently brought home our '57 GH, after 2 years of resto work involving me and 2 other "experts".
Now we are into the final detail phase, that should be done in 5 to 6 weeks.
Seeing the stage that your project is in, reminds me of the frustration of rust damage that I had to deal with.
Thank God for the Vendors, Ebay, The Forum, many other sites, and my "PEACE OF MIND" for getting us through that phase.
......Take your time, be patient, stay with the Forum, and don't be shy on asking for advice.
Thank you very much for saving another '57 GH............

I am only a week into work on my car ..... but I hear your words clearly!! Already got a lot of help from the forum!