Helen Dryden & Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helen Dryden & Studebaker

Here is a link to a nice article about the artist/designer Helen Dryden with some good Studebaker content. This is from Hemmings Daily online. Enjoy!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Love that magazine, thanks to Bob Palma. It seems there is always a good Studebaker piece in it.

Comment

I just started to read that article about Helen Dryden in my new issue of HCC. I love that magazine. In my mind, it's right up there with my monthly issue of Turning Wheels.
      Rog
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I came across this article when (ironically) picking up some fashion mags for my lovely better half. I recalled her name in the Studebaker advertisements and it caught my eye, as she was a pioneer moving from fashion to industrial design. Her covers for Vogue magazine have a very strong visual connection to Japanese woodblock prints in line, composition and color. I think we can all agree that the 1936-37 models were halo years, style wise.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good one Jeff!!

How do you keep a Newfie busy for 4 hours?

Craig

Comment

<lol>
              Well.. You try some things and they work... And you try some things and they don't work...
              Somewhere, a long time ago...There was a post on Helen Dryden, her history and some great pic's on the interior design work she did on the '37 interiors.
              She really was a powerhouse, and her biography is fascinating.
              I tried to find it, but people use such goofy thread headers that it makes it hard to search..
              But, your point/jab is well taken and deserved.
              Jeff

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              Good one Jeff!!

How do you keep a Newfie busy for 4 hours?

Craig
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                Somewhere, a long time ago...There was a post on Helen Dryden, her history and some great pic's on the interior design work she did on the '37 interiors.
                She really was a powerhouse, and her biography is fascinating.
                Probably this one, but your link in post #16 appears to be NLA: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...car-1937-sedan

Craig

Comment

Working...
                X