1959 Lark for only $600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Lark for only $600

Just saw this on the Minneapolis Craigslist. Looks like a real good buy, and may not take much to put it on the road.

Ya should be a good one to get some One involved with Studebakers , hopefully the Floors are decent.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This one and the 65 2 dr Daytona are in the same neighborhood. If you have a choice between this 6 cyl 4 door and a V8 Daytona for the same money..... duh. Go get the Daytona.
      sals54

Comment

Same neighborhood , if you mean state. They are about two hours apart.

Comment

Yeah, I mean neighborhood. Here in California you can drive over 12 hours from one end of the state to the other. So, yup, 2 hours is in the same neighborhood to me. I've driven from Oregon to Arizona to pick up good deals on Studebakers. Sometimes you just have to pick up and go. The road trip can be half the fun.
          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
            Yeah, I mean neighborhood. Here in California you can drive over 12 hours from one end of the state to the other. So, yup, 2 hours is in the same neighborhood to me. I've driven from Oregon to Arizona to pick up good deals on Studebakers. Sometimes you just have to pick up and go. The road trip can be half the fun.
            I agree. I enjoy road trips and especially if I don't have to drive. A couple months ago I drove almost 2000 miles round trip to pick up a Honda HT 3812 riding lawn mower. Most people would think I'm nuts, but it looks like new and was only $200, so the $120 in gas was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
              I agree. I enjoy road trips and especially if I don't have to drive. A couple months ago I drove almost 2000 miles round trip to pick up a Honda HT 3812 riding lawn mower. Most people would think I'm nuts, but it looks like new and was only $200, so the $120 in gas was worth it.
              What were you driving? At $2.40 per gallon ("A couple of months ago..."), you would have had to be averaging 40 miles per gallon.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                ...Most people would think I'm nuts...
                HEY...WE HAVE STUDEBAKERS...we ARE all nuts!!!...Different (Nuts) by design.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  What were you driving? At $2.40 per gallon ("A couple of months ago..."), you would have had to be averaging 40 miles per gallon.
                  My 1999 Olds 88 gets 32 MPG and better on the highway. I made a small trailer that fit inside the car, and assembled it in Tennessee. I paid as low as $1.69 for gas on the trip.

Today we can get gas for $1.36 and get .20 off that with a coupon on double coupon Tuesdays.

My first 3 Studebakers all came from El Paso in 1969 when I was in the Army, so that was 1500 miles each to drive them home then fly back to base.

Comment

Working...
                  X