Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Shroud for a 61 Lark VIII?

Was there such a thing?
    I've stuck my hand in the dang fan once and caught my forearm on it trying to adjust the carburetor once too.
    What are you doing besides not being a dumb*ss and sticking your hands in the fan?
    I want something over it.

1550705 Shroud, 1961 - 1964 Lark V-8. From Studebaker International, $150.00

Comment

Handy for Arizona or Texas 90' Plus weather maybe and for some Air Conditioned cars, but very few sold and mostly not needed.
      I really never heard of anyone wanting one for any other reason except for long idling situations to prevent overheating as on Heavy Duty Sedans used for Police and Taxi service.

As you said, you just need to approach the Carb. from the side not the Front and do everything else to the Engine when it is shut off.

The little shield is there to protect your fingers if you should try to open the Radiator Cap with the Engine On.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-11-2016, 11:26 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Bradford View Post
        Was there such a thing?
        I've stuck my hand in the dang fan once and caught my forearm on it trying to adjust the carburetor once too.
        What are you doing besides not being a dumb*ss and sticking your hands in the fan?
        I want something over it.
        As Rich suggested do any adjustments from the side. Also, a shroud will only cover half of the fan blades depth, any more it looses it's effectiveness.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
        X