C Body Window Regulator Spring Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: C Body Window Regulator Spring Install

Is there a procedure for installing the spring back on the regulator. Specifically how much tension does the spring need to be under when installed?

Thanks
    Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Hmm... I have a spare in the garage.I just went out and tried to remove the spring-[with the regulator turned all the way to the up position] With a medium sized screw driver,it feels like not a whole lot of tension.I think I could easily take the spring off and reinstall with a small effort.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Could you e-mail me a photo of the spring with the regulator all the way up and another with it all the way down. From that I should be able to estimate what I need to do to get the tension right.

Thanks
      Wayne
      wayne.dills@yahoo.com
      Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Note that the spring gets tighter as the window goes down. You may be able to over extend the regulator to load the spring. Once it's back on, just a slight amount of tension will keep it there...
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Email w/2 pics sent. Keeping in mind that this spring is 56 years old,I actually tried,and found I could remove it from the stud on the outer end-with my fingers.[with regulator in the 'up' position of course] This regulator worked well,but had a lot of slop[meaning the window cranked turned almost a quarter turn before the glass began moving.]
          I found one seemingly much tighter at a swap meet,but it seems the quarter turn loose is maybe not so excessive anyway.
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Photos received. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Wayne
            Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X