Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was there a 1973 Avanti 10th Anniversary Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was there a 1973 Avanti 10th Anniversary Edition?

The possibility of a 1973 10th anniversary edition Avanti has come to my attention. Does anyone know if this was ever done?

The Avanti.net

Not to my knowledge...I've had three Avantis since then.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Not that I remember. I think that Altman was trying to separate his Avantis from Studebaker and this would have only increased the tie in.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        Not that I remember. I think that Altman was trying to separate his Avantis from Studebaker and this would have only increased the tie in.
        I agree with you about Altman. I asked this question because when I checked the queries on my site's search engine someone had asked about a "10th Anniversary Edition" and I had never heard of any. I'm going to assume that there was none unless advised otherwise from multiple sources.

Comment

John Poulos and I visited the Avanti Motor Company "factory" several times during the mid-70s. If there had been a 1973 special edition, I think I would remember it.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

I don't, either, and I looked in the Tom Bonsall book, 'Avanti', which has nearly every piece of Avanti literature reproduced in it to confirm, and there wasn't one 'tenth anniversary' of anything in the 1973 listings. That didn't start until the Blake era with the 20th Anniversary edition.

Craig

Comment

There was no Anniversary Edition issued by Newman & Altman period.
              John Hull

Comment

Working...
              X