Avanti Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Owners...

...what do you use as a windshield sun screen? Ones at auto parts stores are too large for our '63. I can trim one of them down but wondering if there is a more aesthetically pleasing way to go.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

I haven't done it but you might try a sun screen for a 1963-1982 Corvette. They have small windshields that are fairly vertical like an Avanti windshield. I had a '78 Corvette and it had a screen that may well have worked with an Avanti. I can't say for sure but the size wasn't far apart.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Here you go:
      Online store for purchasing custom car windshield reflectors to protect vehicles from sun and heat.

We have Heatshields for our late-model cars - they fit very precisely and do a remarkable job protecting the dash and keeping temps down.
      You might call to inquire if it is truly custom-fit, or closest fit.
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

I usually buy an inexpensive 'generic' type for my '83 Avanti 'daily driver' annually, then just trim it to size using last year's screen as a pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          I usually buy an inexpensive 'generic' type for my '83 Avanti 'daily driver' annually, then just trim it to size using last year's screen as a pattern.
          Thanks, this solution makes the most sense and is 1/10 the cost of buying a custom one.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
          X