Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post not counting replies / views. Does anyone else have replies / views missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post not counting replies / views. Does anyone else have replies / views missing?

My most recent post has not shown an accurate count for replies/views. I know I got a number of views because I can see activity from SDC on my server account. I post here occasionally and the counter has always worked before. Does anyone else here have a problem?

See here.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Glad to know it wasn't just something I'd done wrong. Hope it can get fixed! Let's see if this one gets counted.

Comment

Mine lists zero views since Jan 18th.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Sounds serious. Hope it goes away. Can we keep this at the top of the page (most recent) until there's a cure?

Comment

Originally posted by rgallatin View Post
            Sounds serious. Hope it goes away. Can we keep this at the top of the page (most recent) until there's a cure?
            I hope so. The counter is useful for several reasons. It has to be repairable. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, it's gone un-fixed for a couple of weeks already, so don't hold your breath.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

I do wonder why this post seems to be OK. These replies are being counted. Why would some work and others not? My original post is still listed as zero and one even though it has been viewed many times since yesterday.

Comment

Posts are being counted, but not views.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

I think you're right about that; my posts often get lots of views and few or no replies. I hope that helps someone fix the problem.

Comment

I think you're right about that; my posts often get lots of views and few or no replies. I hope that helps someone fix the problem.
                      It also explains why this post is being counted.

Comment

It also explains why this post is being counted.
                        It also explains a whole page of consecutive numbers!

Comment

Currently views are only being counted if there was a reply to the post. If there is only a view the view counter is not increased. As a consequence most of the numbers appearing on a page are consecutive, the view one more than the replies.

Comment

Working...
                          X