avanti window regulator repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: avanti window regulator repair

Hi all, the right door window regulator on my '63 Avanti is in bad shape. Can anyone suggest a good repair / rebuilding shop?
    Thanks

Power windows or manual? Replacing it might prove easier and cheaper than the effort to repair. Give Jon Myer at Myer's Studebaker a call. He'll tell you whether repairing it is cost-effective.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Here's a head start...

and another
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Manual windows. I have been unable to find a replacement.
        Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        Power windows or manual? Replacing it might prove easier and cheaper than the effort to repair. Give Jon Myer at Myer's Studebaker a call. He'll tell you whether repairing it is cost-effective.

Comment

What do you mean by "...in bad shape"? Is the drive gear bad/stripped? Is the sector worn/stripped? Is it something else? The drive gear can be exchanged with one from another regulator. The sector can be rebuilt with braze and grinding/filing to get the proper shape.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Cosmo
            I was looking at my spare parts the other day and the Gt hawk quadrent and arm look to be identical to the Avanti.

pb

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Springstreet View Post
                Cosmo, they reverse engineered a bolt in electrical unit.
                It would be a great benefit to many if you could get a few details together. ( Pictures, cost, turn-around, etc) Maybe it's even doable in ones garage..
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I wonder what percentage of Avanti's were produced with manual windows? Seems like it is much easier to find P/W parts. I don't know how "bad" the poster's are but imagine it could be totally disassembled and rebuilt. I can see that there wouldn't be a market for a very limited item, but maybe if it were removed and photos posted, someone might be able to guide the owner through reconditioning his. I don't usally post advertising but a vendor has a power conversion kit available for some time. Converts manual to electric or replaces the much maligned OEM.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by karterfred88; 02-03-2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I would have thought it would be easy to convert an electric regulator to manual.
                    I double checked my spare manual GT regulator against the Avanti manual regulator and the lower portion containing the quadrant,winder and arm is identical.
                    You should be able to remove the pin at the end of the arm, switch the upper portion of the regulator over and have manual window regulators.
                    pb

Comment

Working...
                    X