Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 Daytona Sports sedans

Hi folks :
    I am looking for any 65 Daytona Sports sedans that are not registered with the registry . I see some on Ebay , Craigslist and Kijiji . I have tried to get in touch with no success all but one . If anyone out there knows of any please send me an email at not4u@nlis.ca . I need the serial number at least , any other details such as owners email address would be helpful . Condition not important as long as serial plate is still attached to car . Please leave your email address so I may send you a thank you and confirmation of your email .

Many thanks

Old Fart

I have a 65 Daytona 2 dr Sports sedan. I have a picture posted on this site under my profile and I will send you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by zbutch View Post
      I have a 65 Daytona 2 dr Sports sedan. I have a picture posted on this site under my profile and I will send you an email.
      That sure is a good looker...love the color.
      Lou Van Anne
      62 Champ
      64 R2 GT Hawk
      79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks Lou...I picked it up last May and have enjoyed it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1703630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1703630Mine is on back burner status. I don't have the numbers with me right now,but I think it's on the roster.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I'm going to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion.
            I own the first 1966 Daytona 2 Dr Sport Sedan, Vin# C530006, build date June 30TH, 1965, line number 17284, body number 16306.
            This car is one of the missing twelve, Stu Chapman says there were maybe more, 1965 cars that got transformed into 1966 models.
            The 1965 Vin# was C520704. That number is crossed out on the build sheet and the 1966 Vin# written in.
            The car was repainted by the factory to a non-Studebaker color, Maderia Red and Studebaker retained ownership until they went out of business in March 1966.
            This was a Studebaker show car, according to Stu Chapman, and would have been used for any promotional exhibit. There is a picture of a 1966 Daytona at the Chicago Auto Show that has all the qualifications of being my car, but we can't put any documentation to that....yet. It makes sense that Studebaker used this car for some purpose and then, after closing down sold the car through a dealer in Calgary.
            OK, where does this fit into your roster, or does it? It was a 1965 at one time with all the proper numbers, but never made it out of the factory as a 1965.
            I leave it up to you. Just wanted to stir the pot. LOL
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
              I own the first 1966 Daytona 2 Dr Sport Sedan, Vin# C530006, build date June 30TH, 1965, line number 17284, body number 16306.
              This car is one of the missing twelve, Stu Chapman says there were maybe more, 1965 cars that got transformed into 1966 models.
              The 1965 Vin# was C520704. That number is crossed out on the build sheet and the 1966 Vin# written in.
              The car was repainted by the factory to a non-Studebaker color, Maderia Red and Studebaker retained ownership until they went out of business in March 1966.
              This was a Studebaker show car, according to Stu Chapman, and would have been used for any promotional exhibit. There is a picture of a 1966 Daytona at the Chicago Auto Show that has all the qualifications of being my car, but we can't put any documentation to that....yet. It makes sense that Studebaker used this car for some purpose and then, after closing down sold the car through a dealer in Calgary.
              OK, where does this fit into your roster, or does it? It was a 1965 at one time with all the proper numbers, but never made it out of the factory as a 1965.
              'Doesn't sound like any conflict. If Studebaker assigned it Serial Number C530006 and it left Hamilton with that number affixed to it, configured as a 1966 Studebaker Daytona Sport Sedan, then that's what it is. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Years ago I had a really nice 65 Daytona with black interior and exterior was Yukon gold with black roof early on the 283 was replaced wit ha 327 4 bld. carb and duel exhaust , and yes it would get up and go. my son drove it to school a year or so back in the 80's and then the car sat and went to pot. and the scrap yard, the dash and door panels are in my 63 standard,the 373 TT is also in the 63, I still have the seats and they are in nice shape and for sale if interested and could bring to S/B in May. I got a little off track but if I can find the vin # I will sent it in.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

There is a very very nice black '66 for sale on craigslist right now, just saw it tonight. It's a super low mileage one, and you can see it on the Bellingham Craigslist under Studebaker. That's all I know about it.
                  1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                  1951 Champion Business Coupe
                  1951 Commander Starlight
                  1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                  1953 Champion Starlight
                  1953 Commander Starliner
                  1953 2R5
                  1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                  1957 Silver Hawk
                  1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                  1959 Silver Hawk
                  1961 Hawk
                  1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                  1963 Daytona Convertible
                  1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                  1965 Cruiser
                  1970 Avanti

Comment

That's the "Black and White" answer. If the originator of the post is looking at production numbers to see how many 65's were built, the 65 Vin# would show up, but there was no car. The missing twelve 1965 Studebakers still had production numbers and Vin#'s. What I'm doing is letting the post originator, Old Fart, know that there may be some late production 65's that never made it out the door. Stu Chapman may be of help on this too. The last year of Studebaker had many variable factors to look at and some of them reverted back to 1965. Everything was not "Black and White".
                    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    'Doesn't sound like any conflict. If Studebaker assigned it Serial Number C530006 and it left Hamilton with that number affixed to it, configured as a 1966 Studebaker Daytona Sport Sedan, then that's what it is. BP
                    1950 Champion 4Dr
                    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

That's the "Black and White" answer. If the originator of the post is looking at production numbers to see how many 65's were built, the 65 Vin# would show up, but there was no car. The missing twelve 1965 Studebakers still had production numbers and Vin#'s. What I'm doing is letting the post originator, Old Fart, know that there may be some late production 65's that never made it out the door. Stu Chapman may be of help on this too. The last year of Studebaker had many variable factors to look at and some of them reverted back to 1965. Everything was not "Black and White".
                      I wonder if those proposed '1967' Studebakers made from 1966 models could be identified. According to Stu, they were reverted back to 1966 trim and released and sold as mainstream '1966 Studebakers'.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for this information. The information on S/Ns that I refer to has C-520,704 as the last 1965 V8. Now I know that at least this one is a 1966. Do you have the S/Ns of the other 1965 production that became 1966s? Were they both V8 and six models?
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                          Thanks for this information. The information on S/Ns that I refer to has C-520,704 as the last 1965 V8. Now I know that at least this one is a 1966. Do you have the S/Ns of the other 1965 production that became 1966s? Were they both V8 and six models?
                          Here is the information on the 1966 Wagonaire, C530008, which also had a 1965 Vehicle Identification No. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...naire-CNE-Unit

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                            Here is the information on the 1966 Wagonaire, C530008, which also had a 1965 Vehicle Identification No. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...naire-CNE-Unit

Craig
                            Thanks! This (---706) is after what I had considered to be the last of 1965 S/Ns (---704 being the last V8).
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't have that info, but Stu Chapman may have info on the Vin#'s for the Canadian Exposition cars that probably fit into this run of cars. This would include all Studebaker models, not just Daytona. The Exposition cars had an additional body tag.
                              I'm glad that this info helps you as I thought it would. At least you don't have to keep searching for the last 65 Daytona built when it's running around with an assumed identity.

****Checking another post, it looks like Stu doesn't have the Vin# info. You would need to check the early 66 build sheets at the Museum Archives.

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              Last edited by thunderations; 02-02-2016, 12:13 PM.
                              1950 Champion 4Dr
                              1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
                              X