decals question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decals question

I have a 1956 Power Hawk with a 259 engine, my question is did they come with the sweepstakes decals on the valve covers from the factory ?

Originally posted by bobgould View Post
    I have a 1956 Power Hawk with a 259 engine, my question is did they come with the sweepstakes decals on the valve covers from the factory ?
    Yes they did, Bob; Sweepstakes 259. Accurate reproductions are available from Studebaker International if yours are damaged or missing.

(Welcome aboard; I see this is your first post. Is the Power Hawk your first Studebaker? If so, that's "for sure" a good place to start. Photos, please, if you have any.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobgould View Post
      Yes! As did the 289 equipped cars.

Comment

Couldn't easily find pix of '56 engines, but this 57 brochure seems to show Sweepstakes decals on the 259 and 289.

I do not know if the component (valve covor, air cleaner) colors are accurate.

Comment

These colors are for the purpose of highlighting engine components. They are not accurate representations of actual car/engine/accessory colors.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Here is how your Engine should look:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Pres 2dr Taupe 7.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1703617 This one is a President 289 in a '57 President 2 Door Sedan with a Optional WCFB Carter 4 Barrel Carb. the Engine itself should look similar in Studebaker Turquoise Green.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Provincial Eng2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1703619 Here is a VERY original Commander 259 showing the correct Factory placement of the Decals. It is in a '57 (Commander) Provincial Wagon.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 01-31-2016, 06:00 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
              Yes! As did the 289 equipped cars.
              The question is about a Power Hawk. AFAIK, all Power Hawks were built with a 259 cid engine.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X