50 yrs after Hamilton closing: Stu Chapman to Speak @ SNM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 yrs after Hamilton closing: Stu Chapman to Speak @ SNM

As we know, the last Studebaker ever manufactured came off the Hamilton, Ontario, Studebaker assembly line on March 17th 1966. It is the Timberline Turquoise / White Vinyl Roof 1966 Cruiser displayed in The Studebaker National MuseumStu Chapman, will address monthly seminar on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. Stu's topic will be: The Last Studebaker; 50 Years Later. To accommodate everyone, The Museum is planning two presentations that day; the first at 1:00 PM and the second at 7:00 PM. If you are anywhere near South Bend on March 16th, plan on taking in one of these presentations.

Further, Stu has been an active member of The Studebaker Drivers Club, constantly promoting both the Studebaker marque and the fine club that serves it, for 40 years. Stu served as The Studebaker Drivers Club's International President from 1984 through 1986.

Stu Chapman published this book,
    My Father the Car: Memoirs of my life with Studebaker, in 2009:

Copies of the book are available in The Studebaker National Museum Gift Shop.
    Before or after his presentation, Stu will be happy to personalize and sign copies of the book. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 01-30-2016, 01:52 PM. Reason: added photo of book when Photobucket was back "up."
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I might have to fake a doctors appointment that day and drive over. Leave work at two and be home by 2:00 (AM).
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
      I might have to fake a doctors appointment that day and drive over. Leave work at two and be home by 2:00 (AM).
      I would be pleased to see you Tom. Hope you can make it.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Will the event be recorded for those who can not be there?
        I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
          Check with Andy Beckman at the Studebaker National Museum.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            As we know, the last Studebaker ever manufactured came off the Hamilton, Ontario, Studebaker assembly line on March 17th 1966. It is the Timberline Turquoise / White Vinyl Roof 1966 Cruiser displayed in The Studebaker National Museum.BP
            Make that Timberline Turquoise Bob!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Make that Timberline Turquoise Bob!
              'Got it, Rich. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Too bad we couldn't get Stu to speak during the meet in May in SB. The largest contingent of Stude folks will be in the area, and it could be a win/win by increasing meet attendance and also paying customers. Second best, put Stu's talk on a video that runs frequently, charge a few schekles for attendance and raise some bucks. The best part of those meets are the tours and/or talks. The best I can remember was the talk given by J Pepper et. al on the history of Studes at Bonneville. Sorry I can't recall the other names this far from home. It could have lasted another two hours and was so good I bought the video.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                  I would be pleased to see you Tom. Hope you can make it.

Stu Chapman
                  I'll definitely make the effort Stu. I'm already looking forward to it...
                  Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                  1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
                    Wayne, PM sent.

Stu Chapman

Comment

It's funny you mention this now Bob....because while at work today, I was thinking that it's been fifty years since the last Studebaker passenger car was built!

Comment

Working...
                      X