K body quarter windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K body quarter windows

Just venting ... been installing the quarter windows in my '55 "Studillac" Speedster. aaarrgh. Anyone else have adventures with these. The inner rear panels were replaced at some point and everything is off a bit. Given up on the factory clips that go on the regulator arm roller, they just keep popping off when the arm tries to negotiate the turn in the frame support. Also, the windows don't slide through the housing easily and the the lower front of the frame doesn't clear the edge of the panel at the front. Oh well, we'll get there.
    Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
    ______

'51 Muntz Jet
    '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
    '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
    '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
    '56 Corvette SR replica

I reinstalled mine after paint last year, what a pain! I had to read the shop manual several times before understanding the adjustment procedure. Even then I got frustrated and had to walk away several times before finally getting them working smoothly.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

There's a nice tutorial on the SDC page: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...dowinstall.asp
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
        There's a nice tutorial on the SDC page: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...dowinstall.asp
        This tutorial was priceless in helping me solve the mystery of the K body rear quarter windows.
        ........However the tutorial didn't tell you how many Margarigtas were involved to help with the process............

Comment

The tutorial is certainly more useful than the shop manual. I ran into all the pitfalls mentioned in it. What it fails to mention is to keep a bottle of alcohol (isopropyl, not beer) nearby, swabs, and plenty of bandages.
          Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
          ______

'51 Muntz Jet
          '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
          '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
          '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
          '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

Originally posted by vetteson View Post
            The tutorial is certainly more useful than the shop manual. I ran into all the pitfalls mentioned in it. What it fails to mention is to keep a bottle of alcohol (isopropyl, not beer) nearby, swabs, and plenty of bandages.
            ...........I've dipped many fingers in my Margaritas to turn them into Bloody Marys..................

Comment

Working...
            X