1958 packard j-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 packard j-8

Just wondering if anyone in the Pittsburgh,PA area may remember a black or black with white top 58 Packard hardtop ?, that was advertised in the local Auto Trader and also in Hemmings, between 1987 and 1992. Car was advertised with a parts car. Rich Syck in Bethel Park was one owner, and it was also for sale in the Homestead area. Same car may also have been on a used car lot in Glenshaw,PA. If anyone remembers the car or person listed, please send me a PM on here. Another owner of this car was Francis Werling of Allison Park, PA around 1974.
    Also, i am still compiling a roster of owners for these cars ,J-8 only, and have about 88 cars accounted for. If i haven't talked to you yet, and you own one , or have ever owned, or know of one rotting away in Grandma's back yard, i would like to hear from you. Thanks, Dave

Originally posted by 58L-J8 Guy View Post
    Also, i am still compiling a roster of owners for these cars ,J-8 only, and have about 88 cars accounted for. If i haven't talked to you yet, and you own one , or have ever owned, or know of one rotting away in Grandma's back yard, i would like to hear from you. Thanks, Dave
    I wish I could be certain of the timing, but I believe it was in the early/mid 1990s when I ran across one in Prosser, WA. I kept in contact with the owner for quite some time, and just when I was ready to buy it (1999 or so?) I learned that they sold it the month prior. I was told it went to Spokane, WA. I have never seen it again. The car was Canyon Copper, but I don't remember if the roof had an accent color or not. Somewhere I have photos of just about every corner, the interior, and under the hood. But for now, here's some info for you from my notes---

s/n 58L8082; body number 661

Having missed out on that car- I got a '57 Commander two door sedan instead. Later I ended up with a '58 Packard sedan and several other Studes~

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1703489

StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

StudeDave, Thanks for the info. I will add it to the list.

Comment

Dave, how do you get a list of these cars?

Comment

hughcf, sent you a PM. Dave
          Originally posted by hughcf View Post
          Dave, how do you get a list of these cars?

Comment

Working...
          X