what size wheels for truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: what size wheels for truck

I just heard of a early 60's Studebaker pickup truck that might be avail. The wheels are missing, what bolt pattern and rim size would I expect? And is there Ford, Buick, etc. that will fit.

Mark, is this truck 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton "not likely a one ton" 1/2 ton could be 15"/16",3/4 ton would be 16",0ne ton I think is also 16" - some one can correct Me as needed.Chevy rims will fit 1/2 ton,and I'm drawing a blank on 3/4 ton inter change.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Half-ton BP was 5x5" the same as Chevy and GMC pickups, either 15" or 16". However the Stude truck brake drums have a ridge that prevents GM wheels from matching up securely. However, the GM wheels can be used to move a roller around.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

You could check with Studebaker Int'l to see if they have any Studebaker truck wheels in their warehouse in So. Bend.
        Rog
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The 3/4t 8-lug was same as Ford/Dodge of that era, IIRC.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Ok ya that sounds good.

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post

jack vines
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks again for all the help, what a GREAT bunch of guys
              Mark

Comment

I had a '64 T-Cab half ton with Lincoln 5 inch bolt pattern (from late 1970's Lincoln Town Car).

They were functional but the 235x75x15 tires were a tad too large..

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                  8 lug Ford truck wheels on a 6.50" bolt circle: 1953/98 F250 / 1967/98 F350 / 1969/74 E300 (Econoline) / 1975/2014 E250/350 (Econoline).

FoMoCo Passenger Car 15" wheels on a 5.00" bolt circle: 1973/78 LTD/Grand Marquis / 1973/79 Lincoln Town Car.

LTD/Grand Marquis "downsized' in 1979, Town Car in 1980, reverted to a 4.50" bolt circle.

Comment

mark if you get into a real bind and the wheels are 5x5 you can borrow my wheels they are for rolling only as the tires are toast , this would only be for a couple of days ,Ed

Comment

Thanks again guys, the truck in Oklahoma and Im not into the 50's era trucks, I like the late 40's, so, thanks again for all the information and wheels offer Ed.
                      Mark

Comment

Working...
                      X