Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's your winter beater--'65 Commander with six and three

In metro detroit for $1,500:
    It's been on CL since later summer, dropping from $2,500 to $1800 to current price.

That looks identical to one I owned in 1977. It was also Laguna Blue with 194 and 3-spd standard.

Craig

Comment

I'm glad it's in Michigan! Just bought two cars and don't need to drool over another!
      Must resist... must resist... must resist... must resist... must resist...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I thought about buying it. I think it would make a cool daily driver!
        Current Automotive Technology Student @ Pittsburg State University

Comment

Must resist, must resist, must resist, must resist, must resist, MUST RESIST...
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If I'm correct, this was John Studebaker III's car from the Kalamazoo area. It was the only 65 with an earlier 170 six put in it around the club scene. If it is indeed that car....the under-structure of the car is very rusty. I think when John sold it a couple years ago, He sold it for somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 or $800 as a parts car.

Comment

Aw come on studeclunker don't you know you need a spare for the pair and then a spare pair.

Comment

Hate to be a (*&^*&^#&*#) but.....I believe I saw this car with it's last owner....it needs a frame...just to start with....it has body work...rather shoddy.....

If you had a few parts...and a FRAME.....it would be a nice car. but IMHO it's just a running parts car you could probably limp home...I'll look for the pictures I took that day, and see, but it sure looks like the one I saw....had that owner down to $1200, but I didn't have a lead on a frame....so I passed.

Comment

is it a 64/or 65 I thought all 65 cars where built in Canada an came with white steering wheels ,,yes I know in 50 years cars an parts on cars can change all the time ,,,,just an observation,
                  rawise

Comment

Originally posted by wise raymond View Post
                    is it a 64/or 65 I thought all 65 cars where built in Canada an came with white steering wheels ,,yes I know in 50 years cars an parts on cars can change all the time ,,,,just an observation,
                    All '65's were built in Canada, but my '65 Cruiser has the original interior and has a black steering wheel.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I stand corrected
                      rawise

Comment

Color-keyed steering wheels, change to the red windshield washer bag on the firewall from the black bottle beside the battery, and suspended accelerator pedal were a mid-year change on 1965 models.

Come to think of it, mine was an early car with the white wheel.

Comment

I'am sure studebaker used what they had untill pretty much everything was used up and then made changes. International was great at that. They would use one venders part untill gone then switch to the next one. If you didn't have the month,day,and year and serial number you could never get the right replacement part for the darn things.

Comment

Working...
                          X