Need a couple of "Obscure" parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a couple of "Obscure" parts.

I used the word "Obscure," but, as we all know, they are only "obscure," until you need one!

The engine, I've just acquired, is a 232 V8. It uses the oil filler neck mounted fuel pump. The parts that are missing is the oil filler neck, and the push rod to drive the fuel pump. I have some spare cast iron oil filler necks that will bolt onto the engine. They would allow you to fill the engine with oil, but not mount or drive the stock mechanical fuel pump.

Those cast iron oil fillers are built tough and easy to overlook, until it's missing. Same for the fuel pump push rod. I have one on my '51 Land Cruiser, and have never given it much thought. In fact, somewhere in my stash of loose (free range) Studebaker parts...I might have one of those fuel pump push rods lying around. However, since I've never seen one lying out in broad daylight...I probably wouldn't recognize it if I saw one. I've checked the shop manual and have not seen where they even address the fuel pump drive. I thought I had a Chassis manual that would show the breakdown, but have not uncovered the manuals yet.

Thus, the title of this thread...Obscure parts. If any of you have these two items lying around, annoyingly in your way...let me know. For now, they are no longer "obscure" to me.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

I don't know what obscure means. But if I understand right, you need a 51-54 oil filler neck and fuel pump push rod. Right? I think I have these. I will check and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
      I don't know what obscure means. But if I understand right, you need a 51-54 oil filler neck and fuel pump push rod. Right? I think I have these. I will check and see.
      Hey, take your time and thanks for checking. Good to hear from you. How is your health? You have been on my prayer list.

Hope you are doing well.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hey John, looks like I may be able to locate these parts tomorrow. I will let you know.

Comment

There is one on ebay it is sale #301841201701 it is the oil filler and the rod.Check and make sure it is what you want as I am not familar with these parts.Thank You,Don

Comment

Hey John, I have the fuel pump stand and pushrod. Get me mailing info, if you haven't already got one, and I will get it to you.

Comment

Working...
            X