new members opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new members opinion

to all you users that have been around for awhile show some consideration to the new people that are using this site ...we are trying to do our best to use this site and if you cant say something nice or maybe a helpfull hint then keep your opinions to YOURSELF..ive been reading the post over the months now and there are alot of people that love to slam people wow i dont know if its human nature but think please before you write THANKS

Hi Mike... yes, you are correct that from time to time someone gets carried away, but our excellent Webmaster, Bob Shaw, usually handles those situations quickly and directly.[^] Don't forget that many members have personal relationships and the jibes (slams[?]) often entered on these pages are all in good fun (I plead guilty myself[:0]). If you have any specific issues, you should feel free to contact the member directly off Forum to resolve. By the way, I hope to meet you at a local Chapter meeting in the new year.[8D]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Hi Mike... yes, you are correct that from time to time someone gets carried away, but our excellent Webmaster, Bob Shaw, usually handles those situations quickly and directly.[^] Don't forget that many members have personal relationships and the jibes (slams[?]) often entered on these pages are all in good fun (I plead guilty myself[:0]). If you have any specific issues, you should feel free to contact the member directly off Forum to resolve. By the way, I hope to meet you at a local Chapter meeting in the new year.[8D]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

thanks[size=6 [img][/img]

Comment

thanks[size=6 [img][/img]

Comment

doughboy; I checked to see which posts you posted on to see if I could see how we offended you and found that on the 3 Studebakers for sale post you were offered parts you were looking for? You never answered them on forum, I hope you emailed them, otherwise your own forum edicate may be lacking!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

doughboy; I checked to see which posts you posted on to see if I could see how we offended you and found that on the 3 Studebakers for sale post you were offered parts you were looking for? You never answered them on forum, I hope you emailed them, otherwise your own forum edicate may be lacking!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think you do have a point. Sometimes someone will post a vehicle just to make fun of the owner's taste or quality of work. I cannot understand how anyone ever think's that's anything but hurtful and mean-spirited[}] I know I have been excoriated for pointing this out when it occurs, but I don't mind one bit- right is right! This is a great group, and I hate to see any one of them make themselves look bad to casual observers that may not have been around enough to realize that overall these are great folks! And as Mark said, sometimes it can be folks just ribbing someone they know... it's not always easy to tell by the written word alone!

I comment from time to time on ads that are egregiously false. To me this is different- if one saw a shoddy or tacky resto in person, they wouldn't pick on or make fun of it to the owner's face; but if the same person were selling something with either false info or outright lies, it is appropriate to correct that, for the benefit of unsuspecting buyers! When I comment- as I did just yesterday in the thread re: the 57 President 2dr.- the intent is a "heads-up" to the Studebaker ignorant (like myself!) That appears to be a case of purposeful misinformation, based on the extrememly high opening bid required- and should, IMHO, be exposed and discussed!

So as you can see, comments can be protective- or childish- or mean-spirited for no reason... or any combination of the above. Try not to judge anyone, or this forum, by unfair comments... after all, I only have one good friend who is perfect, and He doesn't currently walk the Earth in a physical body

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I think you do have a point. Sometimes someone will post a vehicle just to make fun of the owner's taste or quality of work. I cannot understand how anyone ever think's that's anything but hurtful and mean-spirited[}] I know I have been excoriated for pointing this out when it occurs, but I don't mind one bit- right is right! This is a great group, and I hate to see any one of them make themselves look bad to casual observers that may not have been around enough to realize that overall these are great folks! And as Mark said, sometimes it can be folks just ribbing someone they know... it's not always easy to tell by the written word alone!

I comment from time to time on ads that are egregiously false. To me this is different- if one saw a shoddy or tacky resto in person, they wouldn't pick on or make fun of it to the owner's face; but if the same person were selling something with either false info or outright lies, it is appropriate to correct that, for the benefit of unsuspecting buyers! When I comment- as I did just yesterday in the thread re: the 57 President 2dr.- the intent is a "heads-up" to the Studebaker ignorant (like myself!) That appears to be a case of purposeful misinformation, based on the extrememly high opening bid required- and should, IMHO, be exposed and discussed!

So as you can see, comments can be protective- or childish- or mean-spirited for no reason... or any combination of the above. Try not to judge anyone, or this forum, by unfair comments... after all, I only have one good friend who is perfect, and He doesn't currently walk the Earth in a physical body

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Amen to that, Bams.

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
                    Louisiana
                    1950 Commander

Comment

Amen to that, Bams.

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
                      Louisiana
                      1950 Commander

Comment

So far, as a new member, and just getting back into Stude's, I have really found everyone to be extremely kind and understanding. Yea, some of it you gotta take with a grain of salt, but I have not seen anything yet that has offended me personally. I for one am of the opinion that if someone offends me I will go directly to the source and ask them. I would encourage others to do the same. We are all here because we want to be, not because we have to be. If someone offends, they should appologize and if it is pointed out to them, they should have the decency, as I have seen some do, to appologize on the thread. We all get carried away on things that seem really bizzare to some of us. But the old "one mans junk" thing is definitly alive and well. I am sure when I finally get the old champ there will be many that will make fun of it. Especially if I can swing the yellow and black bumble bee lookin one I want. But hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

If I ever personally offend someone, please contact me directly.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
                        58 Packard Golden Hawk
                        62 Hawk
                        62 Lark
                        63 Lark
                        64 Lark
                        63 Champ

Comment

So far, as a new member, and just getting back into Stude's, I have really found everyone to be extremely kind and understanding. Yea, some of it you gotta take with a grain of salt, but I have not seen anything yet that has offended me personally. I for one am of the opinion that if someone offends me I will go directly to the source and ask them. I would encourage others to do the same. We are all here because we want to be, not because we have to be. If someone offends, they should appologize and if it is pointed out to them, they should have the decency, as I have seen some do, to appologize on the thread. We all get carried away on things that seem really bizzare to some of us. But the old "one mans junk" thing is definitly alive and well. I am sure when I finally get the old champ there will be many that will make fun of it. Especially if I can swing the yellow and black bumble bee lookin one I want. But hey, ya gotta start somewhere.

If I ever personally offend someone, please contact me directly.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
                          58 Packard Golden Hawk
                          62 Hawk
                          62 Lark
                          63 Lark
                          64 Lark
                          63 Champ

Comment

Gee whiz,Im sorry if i ever slammed ya.I usually reserve my sarcastic remarks to Stude Bob.Hes a friend i never met.But some ones gotta do it or his head won't fit into Pete's spacious cab.But Bams summed it up very well.A lot of the comments aren't slams just honest opinions from from a diverse group of Stude members.If we all felt the same we all be driving the same car and the rest would be rotting in a field somewhere.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Gee whiz,Im sorry if i ever slammed ya.I usually reserve my sarcastic remarks to Stude Bob.Hes a friend i never met.But some ones gotta do it or his head won't fit into Pete's spacious cab.But Bams summed it up very well.A lot of the comments aren't slams just honest opinions from from a diverse group of Stude members.If we all felt the same we all be driving the same car and the rest would be rotting in a field somewhere.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X