Oil pressure sender, 76 Avanti 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Oil pressure sender, 76 Avanti 11

I need an oil pressure sending unit for my 76 Avanti. I need a part number and/or where to buy one. I read that someone obtained one
    from Dan Booth. Don't know who that is or how to contact. Also need a sunroof switch for the same car. Any suggestions. This my first
    time on the forum, so I hope I did this right and appreciate any help.

Dan Booth's phone is 1-800-Avanti-1.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Major supporter of Dan Booth, Nostalgic Motors here but don't forget that the engine is a 75-76 Small Block Chevy. Your local auto store can generally supply the parts you will need for the engine and transmission including steering pumps, alternators and any other general sensors etc. Just take the part with you just to be sure.

Bob

Comment

His Avanti probably has Stewart Warner gauges. It may require one specifically compatible with that.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Agree, that's why I suggested he take the part with him. But the advice holds, Chevy engine/tranny parts are FLAPS available.

Comment

Oil oressure sender

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
            Major supporter of Dan Booth, Nostalgic Motors here but don't forget that the engine is a 75-76 Small Block Chevy. Your local auto store can generally supply the parts you will need for the engine and transmission including steering pumps, alternators and any other general sensors etc. Just take the part with you just to be sure.

Bob
            Thanks for your response, but Chevys use an idiot light and the senders are not interchangeable for a gauge, and NAPA is no help as there are no numbers on the sender.I'm trying Stewart Warner and Summit, and will call Mr Booth. Terry.

Comment

The gauge is Stewart- Warner, there are only 3-4 senders-depends on the pressure range--not Chevy dependent. Any seller of SW gauges should stock yours.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X