PDA

View Full Version : Bolts/ original hardware

hunter stanley
01-11-2016, 04:46 PM
I'm in need of bolts for my 64 hawk some are just to coroded.. For me to put back on the car! I don't know what's available! I'm looking for body panel bolts abs body mount bolts !

63 R2 Hawk
01-11-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure where you can find GOOD hardware these days, a lot of the stuff you find in hardware bins these days is foreign made junk made from reclaimed metal. I salvage as many fasteners as I can by wire brushing, using thread files, taps, dies or whatever method I can use to save them. I would try some place like Graingers or Fastenal https://www.fastenal.com/

Warren Webb
01-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Body mount bolts can be obtained at your local hardware store. Bolts used to hold fenders & such are more unique. I would call Studebaker International on those. 317-462-3124 It would help if you gave them the part numbers of the bolts your looking for. You do have a parts book, right?

rockne10
01-11-2016, 06:11 PM
You may also find what you need at resources like Restoration Specialties in Windber, Pa.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/2015Catalog/203.pdf

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

Skip Lackie
01-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Body mount bolts can be obtained at your local hardware store. Bolts used to hold fenders & such are more unique. I would call Studebaker International on those. 317-462-3124 It would help if you gave them the part numbers of the bolts your looking for. You do have a parts book, right?

Agree with Warren -- a parts book is an absolute necessity. It also depends on how concerned you are with authenticity. The parts book lists Stude part numbers for every one of those fasteners, many of which are not commonly available any more. SI still has many of them, but they are not listed in their catalog -- you would have to inquire. Restoration Specialties is also a good source, though their fasteners may not look exactly the OEM Stude stuff.

swvalcon
01-12-2016, 11:50 AM
A lot of the bolts you will find will not match what studebaker came with but about 80% don't show once the car is totally put together. I would check with aveco or any auto body bolt company.

Swifster
01-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Get a tumbler from Harbor Freight. Toss in the bolts, let them tumble a few hours and the rust will be gone. They're $79...

unclemiltie
01-13-2016, 07:40 AM
Fastenal is a good source for such bolts

64Avanti
01-14-2016, 02:15 AM
McMaster Carr is also a good source.

ken-renda
01-14-2016, 09:06 AM
Several years ago it was suggested that SI put together a "kit" of original looking nuts, bolts, and other small hardware items commonly seen when the hood is lifted. This would save a lot of time, and grief, for the restorer who is trying to recreate a Studebaker as close to the way it came off the assembly line as possible. SI already has an assortment of other time saver kits. Ken, usually in Deltaville, Va

TX Rebel
01-14-2016, 10:29 AM
I have factory NOS body mounting hardware as well as many body bolts, etc.
www.studebakersite.com