Parts catalogues for chassis and body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts catalogues for chassis and body

I've just recently rejoined this forum after a multi-year absence. Maybe I should have started this new thread in "Tech Talk" Forum. My '51 2R5 half ton pickup is ready for reassembly. I need parts catalogues, mostly for body improvements, since I have already thoroughly modernized the chassis and drive train and steering and brakes to meet modern highway demands. My most immediate need is mounting hardware (bolts, washers, cushions, spacers/shims, and nuts) to mount the cab to the frame. Where do I go in this forum to zero in on sources for body parts and cab mounting hardware? I was told I could find helpful links to sources like this but I've not stumbled upon those links yet. Thanks.

The above link will take you to Studebaker Vendors.

Others will "chime" in and advise you further to specific requests.
    sigpic
    55 President Deluxe
    64 Commander
    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

The parts book which is available at Studebaker International will tell you what you need exactly, otherwise, its not hard to figure out the size bolts to put through the holes in the floor so they go through the frame's cab support brackets. The truck has rubber spacers sitting on top of those support brackets. I understand Studebaker used tire sidewall material but you can also go to a Farm Fleet store and get a little conveyor belt material.

Comment

More Truck help available here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885
        JS
        I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I bought a digital copy on CD that had everything all at once...

I think the company is Classic Manuals....

You can also check with Studebaker International

Comment

The body mount hardware is listed in section 2403 of the 49-56 truck parts book. All four of the cab-to-frame mounts are different and use different length bolts. One is bolted solid and the other three have small heavy springs to allow the cab to flex. There are a set of those springs for sale on ebay right now.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X