Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THANK YOU, Studebaker Drivers Club! 40 YEARS and hoping for many more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU, Studebaker Drivers Club! 40 YEARS and hoping for many more!

For ALL the members, many of whom have become the greatest of friends, for all the resources that have so simplified my needs, for all those who have stepped forward to maintain and do that which has made this SDC a quite special group, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1750200
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

What's missing here on our NG is a, "like" feature, as FaceBook has. This post would probably get at least 1000 likes.
    Last edited by JoeHall; 01-09-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

LIKE, Congrats to you! Bill

Comment

Yup, Thank You Studebaker friends in SDC! I've been in the club a bit longer than 42 years...it's been fun. Before I learned of SDC I thought I was about the only one on earth who still liked Studebakers. As baby I came home from the hospital in a Studebaker and when they haul me to the grave yard I want to go in the back of my 62 Champ....save the cost of hearse (a genuine CASO)!
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

I joined in early 1971.

Denny L

Comment

Congratulations!! I joined at the South Bend meet in '68 so 48 for me.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Lou brought up what I'm sure is an interesting commonality for many SDCers with his #4 Post, above, so a question:

How many forum participants were brought home from the hospital (or wherever they were born, if not at a hospital) in a Studebaker? I wasn't one of them, BTW.

This question can apply to younger forum members, too; after all, if someone came home from the hospital in a 1966 Studebaker, they could be less than 50 years old this year if the car was several years old at the time. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I am sure more would be interested in how many were conceived in a Stude!

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Lou brought up what I'm sure is an interesting commonality for many SDCers with his #4 Post, above, so a question:
                How many forum participants were brought home from the hospital (or wherever they were born, if not at a hospital) in a Studebaker?
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'll go first Bob. I was born June 23 1966. I was brought home from the hospital in a black 1962 GT Hawk. A car that my father called the "chicken hawk" by the way.......

That car was part of our family until the early 70's, so I remember riding in it. After the folks bought a 1967 Chevy Impala in about 1969 the Hawk was used as a farm/chore car. Dad says that when the Chevy came home from the dealer I didn't want to ride in it..... Guess I was hooked by age 3.
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Another that I forgot.....

my my father, born June 11 1945' was born in a 1941 Champion. Yes, grandpa and Grandma did not make it to the hospital before Dad came into the world. The family legend is that Grandma, Grandma, and my new born father, we're all crying when the doctor showed up at the scene of the birth.
                    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I was born at home with the help of a midwife. So I have no idea what my first ride was. Two of my children took their first ride in a Studebaker.
                      My oldest was born at Jacksonville Fla. Beache's Hosp. and came home in a 56 Sky Hawk.

2 1/2 years later,my son was born on the bank of the St.Johns River at Baptist Hosp. and was brought home in a 62 Lark.

I got my 30 year pin this year Joined 1985.

I hope my Hearse to be My daughter's 64 Wagonaire, But I also hope it's no time SOON!
                      Last edited by rockinhawk; 01-10-2016, 06:19 AM.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

After being born, I was brought home from the hospital in my Dad's '51 Studebaker Land Cruiser.....I remember telling my Mom (who was holding me) how nice I thought the interior was.

Comment

My three youngest kids, now 13, 15 and 17 were all brought home from hospitals in Stude Hawks. The 17 year old was born in the California Desert, and the other two were born here in Kentucky. My oldest son, now 35, rode many thousands of miles in Studes, ever since he was able to lay in the back seat, with neither head nor feet touching the sides.

Comment

Richard
                            I also joined in 1968 at the South Bend meet,48 years ago.
                            I had just bought a 1961 Hawk from Pocus Motor Sales in Aurora.
                            I drove a white 1953 Commander Hardtop at that time and first read about the 1968 SDC meet in South Bend.
                            Remember the small publication back then called "The Studebaker bulletin"?
                            Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Joined in 1974 when I was 12.Came home from the hospital in a 60 Lark wagon.

Comment

Working...
                              X