Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another potential source of Studebakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another potential source of Studebakers...

...if they're rare enough or the price is cheap enough to allow shipping. Some early vehicles on this site in general that aren't priced high for their condition.

Anybody able to read enough Spanish to figure out what Country that is?

"Motor nafta 6 cilindros."... Really a '61 Cruiser with a 6 Cyl. Engine, I wonder if it really IS?

UPDATE: OK, It is a Standard Trans. Car, from that Black Painted Rear door vent window post for a fixed Vent Window, I think what we have here is a dolled up Fleet Vehicle, ie a Taxi!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-09-2016, 02:18 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Montevideo is in Uruguay. I think.

Comment

OH! I kept trying to click on Montevideo so I could watch the Video!!! LOL!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

These are in Uruguay. If you click on the "mercadolibre" icon with the hands shaking it will take you to the first page and the top page tab reads Mercado Uruguay.

Len

Comment

So does the Copyright at the bottom of the first page.
            Not sure what duties Uruquay has on exporting. If you could get them into Panama, a US citizen can get some pretty good breaks from the government on import/export.
            Originally posted by Skybolt View Post
            These are in Uruguay. If you click on the "mercadolibre" icon with the hands shaking it will take you to the first page and the top page tab reads Mercado Uruguay.

Len
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

The 1920s Studebaker dump truck is intriguing. It looks like it was factory-built. I can't imagine that there were "coach-built" dump trucks!?! Studebaker wasn't making trucks at that point, at least for US sales, was it?
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

Six or 7 years ago I sold a right hand drive 1920's Dodge that had been assembled in Uraguay.

Last edited by Guido; 01-10-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                  The 1920s Studebaker dump truck is intriguing. It looks like it was factory-built. I can't imagine that there were "coach-built" dump trucks!?! Studebaker wasn't making trucks at that point, at least for US sales, was it?
                  I believe that is a 1930-32 S-series truck, which were available in both the US and for export. The bed/body would have been locally made.

Chapter 2 of the truck history:
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

I like the wooden box on the M, I wonder what kind of wood he used and how hard it would be to duplicate.

Comment

Thanks for enlightening me, Skip! I've never seen a Studebaker truck of that style before.
                      John
                      1950 Champion
                      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                      Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                        Thanks for enlightening me, Skip! I've never seen a Studebaker truck of that style before.
                        You're welcome. Very few S-series trucks have survived, as the cab frames were made of wood. The one in Uruguay must have been in dry storage for a long time.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

My phone translates when I want.
                          That old truck is a true charmer,,... I would love to have one of those.

Dean.

PS,
                          I'm not a whey. Your agwhey.

Comment

Working...
                          X