jim bahr Wisconsin Studebaker/American Pickers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jim bahr Wisconsin Studebaker/American Pickers

The American Pickers show on the History Channel this evening at 8 pm central time is featuring Jim Bahr Of Wisconsin Studebaker As many of you know Jim is a long time Stude vendor and car guy, and might add, one of my long time buddies...Am sure everyone who likes studes will really enjoy it..

Well...as always, we need to read these posts carefully. As soon as I noticed "8:00" PM...I set "record" and totally ignored the "central" time zone part. So, now, to be sure, I'm recording two hours.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Okay, I set my DVR to record this episode. If I am home I usually watch this show anyway. They have had Studebakers on their show surprisingly often. Frank even bought one once but he paid too much for it. Thanks for the heads up.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

The guys find themselves in Studebaker heaven, and visit a designer with the rarest collection in the Midwest.

Hopefully the full episode will be posted online. Jim purchased my 60 Champ this summer so I'll be sure to watch. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Max Corkins was "picked" a couple of years ago.

Comment

Well ok,the up side is a two Hour nap

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Well...as always, we need to read these posts carefully. As soon as I noticed "8:00" PM...I set "record" and totally ignored the "central" time zone part. So, now, to be sure, I'm recording two hours.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

How can I get ahold of Jim Bahr and does he sell parts? He probably has the bumper brackets I need for my Hawk! - Jim

Comment

Good episode, Jim wanted an arm and leg, actually both arms and legs for everything he had. Thought it was gold when actually everything is stored in horrible conditions and is becoming more worthless by the day. To bad.
                Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Sad to see all this material out in the weather....
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There is your typical Studebaker hoarder that wont sell anything and when he finally leaves this place everything will be junk and go to china. He's no spring chicken at this point.

Comment

It was fun to watch the show. Quite a collection of Studebaker cars and parts.
                      "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Great episode! Sad to see his building that was collapsed by the snow. He sure has a great assortment. Even showed his daughter's flamingo '61 Cruiser! What a tremendous selection of NOS body panels he has, too!

Comment

He's the Guy that has been selling '56 and '57 Sedan/Wagon Front Fenders for at least 30 YEARS!

And it looks like there are a lot more NOS Fenders left, but they will not survive much longer.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by jrlemke View Post
                            How can I get ahold of Jim Bahr and does he sell parts? He probably has the bumper brackets I need for my Hawk! - Jim
                            Wisconsin Studebaker 715-643-2028 see ad on page 58 in Dec TW, page 61 in Jan issue. Usually an ad there every month, hard to believe you are from Wisconsin and don't know Jim.
                            I sold Jim a black 66 Wagonaire at the York Swap Meet in the late 80's early 90's and thought I saw a glimpse of it in the dairy barn shot on the show.
                            Anyone remember the name of the parts stash owner he bought out in South Bend? Sad to see the stuff going down hill. I sure hope it is not going to be another case of it being left for his kids to dispose of when Jim is gone.
                            Been there, done that, and it is no picnic!!!!! Move it now Jim, do us all a favor.
                            JS
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                              Wisconsin Studebaker 715-643-2028 see ad on page 58 in Dec TW, page 61 in Jan issue. Usually an ad there every month, hard to believe you are from Wisconsin and don't know Jim.
                              I sold Jim a black 66 Wagonaire at the York Swap Meet in the late 80's early 90's and thought I saw a glimpse of it in the dairy barn shot on the show.
                              Anyone remember the name of the parts stash owner he bought out in South Bend? Sad to see the stuff going down hill. I sure hope it is not going to be another case of it being left for his kids to dispose of when Jim is gone.
                              Been there, done that, and it is no picnic!!!!! Move it now Jim, do us all a favor.
                              JS
                              My guess would be Herwich Iron. They had buildings full of sheet medal.

Comment

Working...
                              X