Front Cover of January 2016 TWs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Cover of January 2016 TWs.

Really nice 64 Daytona at the Drags, though not the NORM this one doesn't sport some version of the R - Series Fender Badge
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Right, Joe; thanks.

It was good to have the opportunity to promote and prove that you don't need an R-series 1963/1964 Studebaker to compete and have fun at The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. Not only did Neil Loughlin (who owns the Daytona) win his shootout decisively, he drove the car to and from the track two consecutive days, over 100 miles each way.

And speaking of Neil's win, I can't remember when we last had a Studebaker win a shootout round by over a full second (unless the competitor broke or missed a shift or something). But Neil won his second round by more than a second...and his competitor "stayed in it" for the full quarter mile with no apparent burps.

Congrats again, Neil. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ya Bob, I figured it's nice to see a CIVILIAN Car give Em some thing too think about

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Right, Joe; thanks.

It was good to have the opportunity to promote and prove that you don't need an R-series 1963/1964 Studebaker to compete and have fun at The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. Not only did Neil Loughlin (who owns the Daytona) win his shootout decisively, he drove the car to and from the track two consecutive days, over 100 miles each way.

And speaking of Neil's win, I can't remember when we last had a Studebaker win a shootout round by over a full second (unless the competitor broke or missed a shift or something). But Neil won his second round by more than a second...and his competitor "stayed in it" for the full quarter mile with no apparent burps.

Congrats again, Neil. BP
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        Ya, Bob; I figured it's nice to see a CIVILIAN Car give 'em some thing too think about
        Good one, Joe. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Sweet. I was so happy when Neil brought that naturally aspired 64. It was really well restored, nut and bolt. A beautiful car and a good first time out. Hope to see it again this year.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Neil's car looks so much like my 64 Daytona I did a double take.
            61 lark cruiser
            64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments! I was really surprised to see the car on the cover of Turning Wheels. I had a lot of fun running it at the PSMCD and will definitely be back next year. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to drop a couple tenths off my ET for 2016.
              Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
              1964 Daytona Hardtop
              1962 Champ Truck
              1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by t1003nl View Post
                Thanks for all the kind comments! I was really surprised to see the car on the cover of Turning Wheels. I had a lot of fun running it at the PSMCD and will definitely be back next year. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to drop a couple tenths off my ET for 2016.
                It should be no surprise, Neil, as we discussed earlier.

Six Studebakers competed at the 2015 Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race. Of the six, yours was the only one that had never been on a cover of Turning Wheels, so it was a no-brainer as to what I asked be put on the cover. You had the cover nailed down as soon as the event was over, but just didn't know it.

I'm happy it looks so sharp, too.

'See you next year. BP

Comment

Working...
                X