Jigsaw Puzzle Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigsaw Puzzle Studebaker

I was at the California Auto Museum this morning looking through the gift shop when I spotted a series of jig saw puzzles representing different decades of automobiles. Naturally, I looked at the 50s puzzle to see if it had a Studebaker. Much to my amazement, they did have a Studebaker, a 1951 bullet nose 4 door. Upon closer examination, I noticed it was MY 1951 bullet nose.

Yes, I bought the puzzle......

Click image for larger version

Name:	museum 015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1750175 Click image for larger version

Name:	museum 016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1750176
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sdude; 01-02-2016, 11:59 AM. Reason: better pics
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Well congrats, I guess. Do you know how they got the photo?
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Yes, professional photographer Ron Kimball took photos of my car and truck They can be seen at www.Kimballstock.com.

He told me that he sells the pictures to people making calendars and the like. (apparantly that includes jigsaw puzzles) I was hoping that one day I would come across one and here it is. Check out his website, he's got tons of pictures and many Studebakers.

He slipped a business card in my truck at a car show and I followed up on it. He gave me two 8x10s (one of the car and one of the truck) for my payment and I signed an agreement that the images belong to him.
      Last edited by Sdude; 01-02-2016, 04:11 PM.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I did a similar thing years ago with the photographer of my 50 Commander convertible. It appeared in Smithsonian magazine, in several coffee table books, and on the cover of the second edition of the Langworth book. Congratulations to you and your car!
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

You can make your own computer puzzles here another great way to waste time
          Create and solve unlimited puzzles from your family portraits, vacation photos, or images of your beloved pets using our online puzzle maker.

Comment

Congrats to you for Mr. Kimball recognizing your distinctive automobile.
            It is, deservedly, in esteemed company between a New Yorker and Continental MkII.
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Just was looking at the on-line gift shop at Studebaker National Museum. They are selling this jigsaw puzzle there.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X