Interesting 1950 Studebaker ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1950 Studebaker ad

This is one of two 26" x 38" posters I've put together regarding the 1950 line of Studebaker cars. Not until I completed the framing did I notice that two of the adds were very similar. Note the upper left and compare it to the picture at the lower right. The only difference are the cars! Who would have thought Photoshop was around in 1950.

Anyway, I thought the art work was interesting. I would imagine Studebaker did this quite often, it's just the first time I've run across it.

Dick Lee
    Attached Files

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

No photo shop back then. No computers. Just very talented photo colorists. The original photo was likely B&W and the colorist could apply any colors requested. This is another one of those talents that is being lost. Too bad.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

How about the picture of Knute Rockne standing in front of his namesake car? Now that was some old school photoshop work...
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The location looks familiar, like it was used several times over a span of years. Is that the 'Nursery' scene?
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
          No photo shop back then. No computers. Just very talented photo colorists. The original photo was likely B&W and the colorist could apply any colors requested. This is another one of those talents that is being lost. Too bad.
          Yes. For many years, my father owned a commercial art studio in NYC, and that kind of thing was their primary business -- magazine ads, package design, brochures, etc. If the starting point was a photograph, I believe the term used was "retouching".
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
            How about the picture of Knute Rockne standing in front of his namesake car? Now that was some old school photoshop work...

Thanks, that was one of my first exercises in Photoshop. Still have the originals.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Thanks, that was one of my first exercises in Photoshop. Still have the originals.
              The mystery is solved. I thought that was too well done to have been created in the 30s. I love that picture. Is it OK with you if I use it in my docent presentation as long as I leave the "Richard Quinn Collection" across the middle of the picture?
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X