Need windshield wiper bases for 39 CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need windshield wiper bases for 39 CE

It takes the rectangular base which curves up toward the windshield. Anybody have a pair to spare? I had them from the commander but they are different. Any condition would be welcomed but if you had some nice ones so much the better.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

That kind of surprises me. I was of the impression that the CE cabs were basically identical to the commanders from the seat forward. Another tid bit of trivia to rattle around in my failing brain.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well since it was one of the main reasons I bought the parts car it was a disappointment to me as well! The dashes are much different too.

Comment

Do you have the part number(s)? If so, I'll check my inventory. Probably a small chance that I'll have some, but you never know.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          Do you have the part number(s)? If so, I'll check my inventory. Probably a small chance that I'll have some, but you never know.
          No. Any suggestion as to where to find the part number? (I don't have any to look at).

Comment

The reason your wipers and instrument panel in your 1939 Coupe express do not fit is because the 1938 Coupe Express sold so poorly Studebaker was left with many left over body shells. Studebaker used 1939 fenders and hood to create a 1939 Coupe Express but the dash, and I guess wiper driver and connecting arm are for 1938.
            Part numbers are 267484 (right) and 267485 (left) from what I can tell in the parts book (illustration # 2149)
            The die cast on these tend to be a problem I may have an extra set but think the shafts are stuck so send me a pm if you can't get a set some where else or if you need the names of some folks that may have parts cars with wipers.

Comment

I'd be interested in them. What do you want for them shipped to Lafayette in 47901 please.

Tom Walgamuth
              765 490 0275

Comment

Hello Commander....any interest in selling those, please? I am desparate for them!

Comment

Working...
                X