Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another junk yard gone

I'm sad to see this one go.

It may soon be gone but they cant take our memories.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

"They can take my body, but not my Soul"...
      The Outer Limits

Comment

Their website shows some Studebakers in inventory....
        But my anti virus program went absolutely nutz and blew me out of there..
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'm linking this post to one I made a while back about the same yard.

I went to this yard from the late 70's (35+ years) and will possibly return near the last few days. Unlike the mega corporation Pick Your Part this was an independent self serve yard. While they didn't have 50% off sales their prices were somewhat cheaper in general. And, what I liked most is they didn't nit pic about every little "attached" item. If you bought a tailpipe and muffler they didn't charge for the clamps and straps. They also had a somewhat varied inventory you didn't find at Pick Your Part. It is sad to see this option go. They were only about a mile from the Pick Your Part and I would sometimes make it a 12 hour day when I went down (it was 45 miles - one way) for the PYP 50% off sales scouring both yards.

Sadly unless you are looking at upgrading your car with a modern engine/trans or items like modern seats finding old car parts in wrecking yards is rapidly dwindling. The closing of U-Pick Parts, Bob Peterson's situation etc. is closing the door for the hobby to be reasonably priced.
          Last edited by wittsend; 12-23-2015, 11:36 AM.
          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Working...
          X