Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker building demolished

Robert Kapteyn

Well at least the wheel logo signs were saved......sigh..
    "Fords are cars Studebakers are Automobiles" -Jerry Washburn

Comment

All the usual excuses for the usual laziness... Ah well, at least the school gives something back to the community.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I sniped a few Google map images. I live in a '60's So. Cal. "Bedroom Community" so anything brick and architecture beyond a glass box seems a shame to have torn down. Sad that the motivation was vandals. I mean when you think it through a kid with a spray can kind of brought the building down.
        Attached Files
        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
          I sniped a few Google map images. I live in a '60's So. Cal. "Bedroom Community" so anything brick and architecture beyond a glass box seems a shame to have torn down. Sad that the motivation was vandals. I mean when you think it through a kid with a spray can kind of brought the building down.
          I agree, and that is a real shame to destroy a beautiful brick building. They need to crack down on graffiti vandals.

Comment

The graffiti is the easy part to fix .. Its the physical damage that happens to these buildings such as broken windows and doors kicked in and just plain vandalism .. Also the neglect to maintenance plays a huge role in this .. Once mother nature has access to the building its only a matter of time before it gets past being affordable to fix .
            Love my Lark

Comment

Hopefully something will be done with the Administration Building soon that's been vacant for a number of years. Just being vacant is causing paint to peel and floors to buckle not to mention the homeless breaking in and spray painting garbage on the inside walls and vandalizing.

Comment

How many more of these types of buildings, Studebaker related, are still in cities and towns across America? Just for interests sake. Is there a list of them?

Len

Comment

Originally posted by Pop's Chariot View Post
                  Well at least the wheel logo signs were saved......sigh..
                  One was saved. The other one broke. According to the comments. Someone named Bob Jones got it.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X