Harbit effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbit effect

I've been following this nice little 2 door sedan because I'd love to drop a R2 in it, and it's up to 8K already. If anyone questioned the difference two fewer doors make, this should put it to rest. I'll call the "Harbit effect" in honor of Ted's PSMCD efforts.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I've been following this nice little 2 door sedan because I'd love to drop a R2 in it, and it's up to 8K already. If anyone questioned the difference two fewer doors make, this should put it to rest. I'll call the "Harbit effect" in honor of Ted's PSMCD efforts.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Why put a whole R2 in it, John? If you're not gonna race the car, just put an R2 setup on top of the 289 and be a poser for half the engine investment....but don't do any serious drag racing over 5,000 RPM! [:0][^] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54664,75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,439.30
      63 Lark 2 door
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

Why put a whole R2 in it, John? If you're not gonna race the car, just put an R2 setup on top of the 289 and be a poser for half the engine investment....but don't do any serious drag racing over 5,000 RPM! [:0][^] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I liked this one a little- resembles what I want for my ideal Lark build. I prefer the 62, and the HT over the sedan, though; but I thought those might be worthwhile compromises based on price...

I wrotye in a previous thread about Murphy's Law, and how I just laid out a large sum as a down payment for some property, right when a car I'd really like came along[V] One of out members generously offered to loan me the money, which was very humbling- and I sent a most sincere THANK YOU. But I could put the money together if I REALLY needed the car- which I didn't- and that was about 4 grand or so[:I] Still a cool car, though!

Looking at the bid history, it was stalled at about $4K for a few day, then this morning, BOOM! SERIOUS bidder[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I liked this one a little- resembles what I want for my ideal Lark build. I prefer the 62, and the HT over the sedan, though; but I thought those might be worthwhile compromises based on price...

I wrotye in a previous thread about Murphy's Law, and how I just laid out a large sum as a down payment for some property, right when a car I'd really like came along[V] One of out members generously offered to loan me the money, which was very humbling- and I sent a most sincere THANK YOU. But I could put the money together if I REALLY needed the car- which I didn't- and that was about 4 grand or so[:I] Still a cool car, though!

Looking at the bid history, it was stalled at about $4K for a few day, then this morning, BOOM! SERIOUS bidder[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I just happen to have a rebuilt R2 engine on the stand waiting for the right car. I have a 63 2 door at Sal's in California that I didn't think would warrant the shipping charge, but I'm rethinking that now. I'd have less the 3K in it by the time I got it here. It's a black two door sedan with a red interior and I have NOS seat covers for it.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54664,75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I just happen to have a rebuilt R2 engine on the stand waiting for the right car. I have a 63 2 door at Sal's in California that I didn't think would warrant the shipping charge, but I'm rethinking that now. I'd have less the 3K in it by the time I got it here. It's a black two door sedan with a red interior and I have NOS seat covers for it.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54664,75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,439.30
              63 Lark 2 door
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I like it! I noticed that there's a paint shadow on the body tag. I'll bet it had an addendum tag that said "4-speed".

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I like it! I noticed that there's a paint shadow on the body tag. I'll bet it had an addendum tag that said "4-speed".

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle
                    1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Nah, Biggs; it probably said Tag Operation Drag Team. [:0][:0][] (Remember, we've been trying to document one of those cars -or even the existance of such a team- for years!) [^]

(Just kidding; of course it could have been the 4-speed tag.) BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle
                      1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Nah, Biggs; it probably said Tag Operation Drag Team. [:0][:0][] (Remember, we've been trying to document one of those cars -or even the existance of such a team- for years!) [^]

(Just kidding; of course it could have been the 4-speed tag.) BP

Comment

YAh, but your proposition sounds like more fun![]

Some day, I'm gonna own me a Vee[8] Force Peed![]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

YAh, but your proposition sounds like more fun![]

Some day, I'm gonna own me a Vee[8] Force Peed![]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                          X