Soft Market ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Market ?

Just a market update after our posts last week about a possible weak ebay market, 3 or the 4 cars I have on ebay this week have exceeded their reserve, the 4th has only been up a day and moving up fast. This close to Christmas, I had my fears, but it all looks good so far.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

The Cruiser has already exceeded my expectations--it took a $1000 jump tonight.

Mark Anderson
    1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

The Cruiser has already exceeded my expectations--it took a $1000 jump tonight.

Mark Anderson
      1965 Cruiser

Comment

Mark, it may not be done and it's worth every penny. I bet someone knows what a great driver it will be.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Mark, it may not be done and it's worth every penny. I bet someone knows what a great driver it will be.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,439.30
          63 Lark 2 door
          52 Starliner
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm still thinkin' how I could make it work....[?]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

I'm still thinkin' how I could make it work....[?]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar
              3E-6/7-122
              </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Greetings, JDP,

Since you have been in the Studebaker business a long time, you know:

1. No two Studes are exactly alike in condition, presentation and provenance, thus, any "buyers guide" is a very rough approximation.
                2. No two Stude buyers are alike. Some have just gotten into the market and fallen in love with Stude styling without knowing anything about the cars. Others are grizzled old veterans of many triumphs and heartbreaks.
                3. eBay has somewhat leveled the playing field nationally, but presentation and feedback reputation is everything. You are the best at giving a professional presentation of a solid car. We have a lot of discussion here and some fun, some less-than-fair criticism of the first-timers, the would-be shysters and fellow travelers who dabble in Studes.

The Studebaker market is truely the best example of the "random-walk" theory; the short definition of which is, nobody really knows where it is going or which way it will turn next.

thnx, jack vines

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                PackardV8

Comment

Greetings, JDP,

Since you have been in the Studebaker business a long time, you know:

1. No two Studes are exactly alike in condition, presentation and provenance, thus, any "buyers guide" is a very rough approximation.
                  2. No two Stude buyers are alike. Some have just gotten into the market and fallen in love with Stude styling without knowing anything about the cars. Others are grizzled old veterans of many triumphs and heartbreaks.
                  3. eBay has somewhat leveled the playing field nationally, but presentation and feedback reputation is everything. You are the best at giving a professional presentation of a solid car. We have a lot of discussion here and some fun, some less-than-fair criticism of the first-timers, the would-be shysters and fellow travelers who dabble in Studes.

The Studebaker market is truely the best example of the "random-walk" theory; the short definition of which is, nobody really knows where it is going or which way it will turn next.

thnx, jack vines

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
                  PackardV8

Comment

Jack, good points all. As a example, I'm high bidder at $12,600 on that pretty nice, gray R2 GT hawk on ebay and that puzzles me.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,439.30
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Jack, good points all. As a example, I'm high bidder at $12,600 on that pretty nice, gray R2 GT hawk on ebay and that puzzles me.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,439.30
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well the 52 Starliner closed for $8710, 2K over my reserve and that was quite a surprise for just a decent 20 footer. Even better news is that auction might pay for a pair of cars, a 53 and 54 Starlight and Starliner. Time to buff up the horseshoe and look for a pay it forward.

JDP/Maryland
                        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                        spent to date $54664,75
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,439.30
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well the 52 Starliner closed for $8710, 2K over my reserve and that was quite a surprise for just a decent 20 footer. Even better news is that auction might pay for a pair of cars, a 53 and 54 Starlight and Starliner. Time to buff up the horseshoe and look for a pay it forward.

JDP/Maryland
                          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                          spent to date $54664,75
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,439.30
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Well, thanks to JDP my Cruiser is sold. It went for $5200 which was quite a bit above my reserve of $4000, so I'm happy/sad. I paid $6200 for it, played with it for almost 3 years and put 30,000 miles on it. Not a bad return on $1000 if you ask me.

It sold for $700 more than a similar one (a 66) a few weeks ago. It just goes to show what a good presentation will bring.

Next? Either a GT or Daytona (a few years from now). Actually, twist my arm and I'd take a Wagonaire[]

Mark Anderson
                            1965 Cruiser

Comment

Well, thanks to JDP my Cruiser is sold. It went for $5200 which was quite a bit above my reserve of $4000, so I'm happy/sad. I paid $6200 for it, played with it for almost 3 years and put 30,000 miles on it. Not a bad return on $1000 if you ask me.

It sold for $700 more than a similar one (a 66) a few weeks ago. It just goes to show what a good presentation will bring.

Next? Either a GT or Daytona (a few years from now). Actually, twist my arm and I'd take a Wagonaire[]

Mark Anderson
                              1965 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X